struggling :(

Options
Struggling to avoid temptation but desperate to lose weight :/ x

Replies

• seraphicdoctor
    seraphicdoctor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it! What is your biggest temptation? Or your worst trigger? Mine is usually eating out. And staying up to late is always bad
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! The temptation will pass. Big picture: focus on the goal.
  • chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I work at KFC :/ lol
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling for several weeks now after doing so well for 4 months, but I'm just trudging through and doing the best I can. I bumped my calorie intake up by 200 calories to see if that helps with hunger and being able to fit a few treats in that I'm craving.

Hang in there, you can do it!
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    i have an idea. how about looking up the calorie counts of your favorite items? just knowing that might be enough to lower its temptation value.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Remember your goals and think " will eating this extra serving of food help me get to my goal??"
    Sometimes it's perfectly fine to have a treat though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »

For how long? I lost all interest in donuts after working at DDs as a teenager.

But to answer your question, it's easier to avoid temptation when you are full of healthy foods so make sure you don't arrive at work hungry.

• chinny88
    Options
    The last few days Iv took fruit to work but it doesn't curb wanting a snack and tomorrow I'm there for 15 hours :/
  • lilpoppa87
    lilpoppa87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try to eat the baked chicken instead of the fried chicken. It's a lot less calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The last few days Iv took fruit to work but it doesn't curb wanting a snack and tomorrow I'm there for 15 hours :/

Fruit's not enough. Get some fat and protein as well.

Tomorrow, go to work on a full stomach and plan what you are going to eat on your break ahead of time. Tonight, prelog for tomorrow so you can see how you can fit everything into your calorie budget.

• seraphicdoctor
    seraphicdoctor Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Oh no! That stupid delicious FLG sauce and the popcorn chicken are my downfall.
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Here are two thoughts that might help you. There ARE people who do not like KFC (me, for example). Don't know why, but it has never appealed to me. I don't like pizza either, but I digress. Is it possible that you might not really like the food there? Sometimes it is good to really think about whether it's worth the calories.

Also, I have a young neighbor who works at Starbucks and after a couple months she said none of it tempts her anymore because she's around it all the time. I guess I can see that happening. Could you find yourself in that situation too?
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not to be out of line but could you start looking for another job that would not put you in a difficult eating situation every day?
  • SLWright2345
    SLWright2345 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This made me laugh :D

Stick with it though. When you're tracking your food you will realise how bad KFC and it is guaranteed to put you off!
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually tell myself out loud : "Be strong, and have self control." That usually helps. I'm getting desperate too. It's been 3 weeks and I haven't lost anything. On 1200. Yeah. I'm starting to think my scale must be messed up.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My cousin works at McDonald's and after a few weeks she was really turned off by everything on the menu there. She indulged in too much free food when she first started, and now she never touches any of it. Maybe once the novelty wears off, you won't be tempted, either.

In the meantime, bring healthier snacks that you do like to eat instead of the chicken and biscuits. Do you like nuts? That might be one option. Good luck!
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    There are healthier options at KFC. Eat the baked chicken, green beans, mustard greens, corn, etc.. As long as you stick to your calories then you could probably have some mashed potatoes or a biscuit on occasion. Almost every food can be worked into your daily calorie allowance, it's all about portion control.

If you're going to be there for 15 hours then it's still possible for you to eat, feel satisfied & stay within your limits. Sit down & look at the nutritional values & determine what you can/want to eat. You can even being healthier options from home to accompany your KFC food; maybe a salad or fruit. Bring several healthy snacks with you & drink plenty of water to help curb your appetite.

Remember that you are stronger than you give yourself credit for! Make a plan & stick to it!!
  • chinny88
    Options
    I'm in the UK so alot of what your suggesting we don't have. At the moment I normally have one portion of bbq chicken bites 200cl one pot of baked beans 100cl and a yoghurt and a banana for tea