Calf pain?

Options
Been doing some workouts with my wife and now my legs hurts at the bottom just above the ankle at the back. Don't hurt to lift leg, or point the foot down but when i point the foot up, it hurts more. It's both legs but mainly my left one and it does hurt when i walk but only at the point i raise my foot up as i said.

It is also sore to touch and it did hurt a lot in the morning but as I've been walking a bit today it's got easier. It don't feel stiff but what i want to know is should i rest my legs or keep working out?

Replies

• katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    Stretch! Seriously, when this happens to me, I go to the stairs and stand on the very edge of the stair with the ball of my foot and just let my heels fall. It hurts like crazy, but feels so much better afterward.
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    I had that a few years back and it was tendonitis in my achillies tendon. Stretch it and ice. Good Luck!
  • Shappy75
    Shappy75 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well if it hurts, then just remove the pain.

If soft tissue pain is what ails you:
    Stretching is good, yes (I'm big on yoga), but does not remove muscle tension or trigger points. Do the former with mental training, the latter with http://www.triggerpointbook.com/

*Key word: 'referred pain"
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Where you describe it sounds more like your achilles tendon, not the calf. It also sounds like an inflammation effect, since it's OK when you're working out but then worse with rest. Ice, ice and ice some more (like 15 mins every 2 hrs or as much as you can do). It gets worse with rest because that's when your body sends fluid/white cells there to repair the damage. If you can give yourself a few days rest that would be best.
  • mrboyle
    mrboyle Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • mrboyle
    mrboyle Posts: 4
    Options
    Just an update, seen a doctor and all is fine, said it's my calf.

Question is, do i still workout or should I rest?