Best women's daily vitamin

Options
What is your favorite or recommended daily vitamin?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were vitamins which were tailored towards either gender??

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Food
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I take a Centrum for Women. If you have a well-balanced diet, you don't need a multivitamin. I'm working on the diet. It's not too easy for me!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a daily vitamin recently and it's Vita-Fusion Multivites and the only reason I selected that over the others at the time was because of price and it came in a "gummy-bear" formula. No water needed and I can pop in my mouth on my way out the door in the AM - so I know I'll take it regularly. Not necessarily saying I recommend them as I cannot tell the difference between when I take them or miss a day.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i take alive for women w/o added iron
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

yes, in most women's vitamins, there will be added B vitamins as they are needed for a healthy pregnancy.

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like the vitamins from vitacost.com. I need a multi vitamin and a calcium supplement because there are certain 'normal' foods I don't like. I also take a norwegian salmon oil supplement because I already have a heart condition, I don't need anymore problems.

I take their Women's 50+ multi with minerals. If you are patient they have BOGO sales about every other month.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

yes, in most women's vitamins, there will be added B vitamins as they are needed for a healthy pregnancy.

and usually extra calcium.

I second the vote for Centrum. I actually buy the store brand that has the same numbers (many stores have one). It has tiny amounts of more minerals than other brands.
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rainbow light or I like Fit Tabs from Beverly International.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I use Nature Valley Multi Gummies, they taste really good.
    I don't like Once a Day, they make me very sick, no details needed. I've heard that from other people, too.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series is typically on sale and quite good considering the cost. Source Naturals Life Force and Controlled Labs Orange Triad are also great.

They are typically not gender specific, aside from containing Iron and perhaps more Calcium for women.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite or recommended daily vitamin?

I don't take multis as most of them are geared around the RDA, which is mostly based around preventing deficiency diseases such as scurvy rather than optimal health, and so the multis do not contain enough.

I tried a bottle of Thorne Research, Basic Nutrients IV with Copper and Iron, which had the quantities I wanted for various things, but it turned out I was spending less money by buying them individually, so am back to that.
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Nature Valley Multi Gummies, they taste really good.
    I don't like Once a Day, they make me very sick, no details needed. I've heard that from other people, too.

I get sick from the Nature Made and One A Day vitamins as well. I haven't tried the gummies though, that's a good suggestion.
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming it's iron as well. I've tried eating different foods in advance to stave off the nausea with no success. The only thing that has helped was taking it before a short nap and I'd sleep through it but it's not like I can do that every day.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When I went to pick out a multivitamin a couple of weeks ago I compared the labels for the chewable/gummy ones I could find against the traditional tablet vitamins. All the tablets I looked at contained a greater variety of vitamins and minerals than the chewable forms, plus none of the chewables I found had any calcium listed. I went with One-A-Day multivitamins and also added a calcium supplement. The couple of times I took One-A-Day on an empty stomach it did cause some minor pain and discomfort from the iron, but if I take it with a meal or at the end of the day it doesn't do anything to me.
  • MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I too have been looking for a good multivitamin. I bought a supermarkets own multi and it gave me stomach ache every time I took it even with food. I've heard centrum is good so that may be the next one I try.