amazing program

This is absolutely a perfectly-balanced program. I tried Weightwatchers and gained 1 pound within 7 days, unfortunately. I believe that if you really are counting calories, it works. I applaud everyone committing, because there's not really guarantees. Something about having other users active has helped. I originally lost 50 pounds before trying WW. Tried it, enjoyed chatting; however returned. And continued losing weight, until current I believe total is maybe 70 pounds. I never posted because, it's my opinion, being overweight is humiliating. Being responsible is awesome.

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Glad MFP has been so helpful to you personally and many, many others. Yeah taking personal responsibility is awesome....it gives you the power to overcome anything.

Congrats on your success and may it continue.
  • twoflyingcats
    twoflyingcats Posts: 1 Member
    You have done so well, please don't beat yourself up. Love yourself as you are in the moment, no one can love you more. I am just starting my journey, and everyday is an adventure sometimes good, sometimes not so good, but that's ok. I applaud you for your hard work and commitment to yourself. Keep up the great work.
    I have never in my life commented on a blog, this is uncharted waters for me, you give me the will to succeed.
    HippySkoppy
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    This is absolutely a perfectly-balanced program. I tried Weightwatchers and gained 1 pound within 7 days, unfortunately. I believe that if you really are counting calories, it works. I applaud everyone committing, because there's not really guarantees. Something about having other users active has helped. I originally lost 50 pounds before trying WW. Tried it, enjoyed chatting; however returned. And continued losing weight, until current I believe total is maybe 70 pounds. I never posted because, it's my opinion, being overweight is humiliating. Being responsible is awesome.

I'm confused as to why you were flagged. Anywho...

The way I see it, if people can look at me and know that I'm overweight, the number doesn't matter, so there's no use being ashamed of it. I post my progress at my desk to keep me happy during my crap job. Accept yourself and be confident in yourself no matter what your numbers, even if you're in the progress of changing them.