Celebration NSV!

shonasteele
shonasteele Posts: 473
edited 2:12AM in Success Stories
Yesterday I decided to surprise my hubby with a little celebration lunch because he got a role in a movie (yay!) and I surprised myself by bringing home something healthy!

Two months ago I would have come home with a BIG juicy steak, cheesy garlic bread and some sort of cake or pie for dessert. Instead I brought home sushi, a fresh fruit salad and no-sugar-added Jello pudding cups. I even stopped and looked at chocolate bars, but walked away without one! I was really pleased with myself and surprised at how much easier it was to ignore all the nasty stuff in the grocery store. I guess there's hope for me yet!

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Awesome - definitely a reason to be proud of yourself. I love that buying the unhealthy things seems unnatural these days, whereas before I started this I seemed to home in on the most unhealthy products in the store.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Awesome job! Way to be strong. And congrats to the hubs!!!:drinker:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Yay that is great, its hard but you manged it!
  • DebraBuschman
    DebraBuschman Posts: 23 Member
    That is a true victory! You can go so far with a healthy eye for food. Way to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!