LOST 1 KG. Praying I don't find it any time soon!

Options
I lost 1 kg in a week. :D:D:D:D

It doesn't really sound like a success story but trust me, after months of trying to make this fat budge its good to finally see result. I used to walk for ages on a treadmill every day for months and had no change. I tried to eat healthy while doing this too.

Apparently the trick is to make my heart go absolutely crazy. Alternating is what I do for 15 minutes. I run, pushing myself until I physically can't run anymore and then put the speed right down to a nice walk. I let my heart rest, and then I put it back into crazy mode. I usually fit in a mile in 15 minutes, not sure if that's good or bad but this running thing coupled with keeping track of my calorie intake is really doing me some good. I've only been at it for a week though.

I'm feeling much healthier, like running up the stairs isn't going to give me a heart attack! A feeling i've just recently become accustomed to! I just hope this change is permanent!

Replies

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yes, its about cardio and elevated heart rate. I mean, for example, I'm an ER nurse so I walk (rapidly) for 12 hours straight. That's my baseline, though. I'd never lose weight just doing that, you know? I think walking works for people who are really truly sedentary and very obese.
  • khadijah178
    khadijah178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!!! :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • sayeda313
    sayeda313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mommanurse it took me a while to figure that out! I just wish I had known sooner, all that wasted time just walking for hours! But oh well, I'm finally seeing results and I couldn't be more pleased!

Thank you, Khadija and Rebecca! I hope you're all on target for your goals and are seeing progress too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!