Steps tracker

Options
I'm wanting to get a device that counts your steps activity, and sleep. I'm leaning towards a Jawbone or FitBit. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit which I really like. You can purchase a chest strap that pairs with the watch to track calories burnt for exercise other than walking.
  • Jacee714
    Jacee714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh that's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I really like my basis peak, as it's a heart rate monitor without the strap. And waterproof! I don't like that it's not connected to MFP but I can live with that! It's really helped me knowing my calorie burn for the day, and on average etc.
  • beckadaisy
    beckadaisy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like my charge hr (fitbit). The heart rate tracker is surprisingly accurate. It does sleep, steps, distance, calories, floors, all that jazz. You can also customize it a bit too! Good luck with your search. I find it to be very motivating!
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't get on with chest straps (tried for two years but all seem to cause skin rashes) so was waiting to get a basis peak. 9 months after launch they still aren't available in Singapore so I got a Fitbit Charge HR about 2 weeks ago. I really like this and it seems to be fairly accurate for pulse, steps and flights climbed. I was originally put off by reports of skin sensitivities, but if I clean it daily, I don't have problems.
    The iPhone connectivity is wonderful and set up was easy, but the battery life never exceeds 4-days for me even without the alarms set.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a polar a300 !
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're using it for. If it's just normal daily activity, a Fitbit or any other arm base activity monitor will be fine, but if you're doing cardio exercises, something with a chest strap is the better choice.