Teacher needs friends for the new school year!

Options
Hi!

I'm a Special Education teacher, working with high risk kids. During the year, I tend to be way unhealthier as I eat my stress! Looking for some friends who want to be healthy and motivational for the new school year! My feed is super dead, so I need some new active friends!

I am a huge scary movie fan, I love video games, I have a GAD, I craft (Paint geeky shoes, perler beads, etc) and I am planning a trip to Japan in August of next year!
Spoiler alert : I wanna look hot in my photos there!

Thanks again! Looking forward to supporting and motivating others too!

Replies

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome but stressful job! Count on my support.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    YES! Let's be friends! I'm a principal, and I know what you mean about stress. This job can be all-consuming.

Would love to hear about your Japan trip.
  • scarduziok
    scarduziok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a special education teacher for the past 6 years, and am starting my first year this year as an instructional strategist! I was definitely a stress eater last year, so am looking for a fresh start this year!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Special needs mom to 2 autistic children here add me if you like. I am active.
  • aedawson
    aedawson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to the community part of the app so forgive me if this doesn't work properly. I am starting my third year of teaching high school math at an inner city school. I am also completing the RESA if you're familiar... A summative assessment that determines if I get my professional license. Lastly, I am in graduate classes to become certified to teach our college in high school courses. I tend to be an emotional/stress eater as well. I'm at my highest weight following a car accident this spring and am scared to think where I could end up by the end of this year. Could definitely use fellow teacher friends :)
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I just started working as a paraeducator last school year. I was solely reading support, but I'm not sure exactly what it'll be this year as I'll be in a new school. I'm actually looking forward to going back in that it'll give me more routine. I find I've been eating out of boredom this summer, which I haven't done in a while. Anyway, add me if you want! I'm pretty active on here.
  • kezia07
    kezia07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for some friends to help motivate me in my weight loss journey. I had to have my right ankle fused back in November of last year and so I am trying to count calories and see what others eat to help them. My ankle won't move anymore so I will have to learn to eat right to loose the weight and maybe some yoga or some other exercises.