Losing to be a Mom

Options
Hi everyone :)

I'm Steph. I'm 29 and live in Oklahoma. I have sstarted this journey so I can have a baby. My husband and I have been trying for about 2 years. I found out in October that I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Not impossible to have a baby, but considering that I am obese, it makes it much harder. Needing to get rid of at least 60 pounds and hopefully even more. I have lost weight on Weight Watchers in the past, almost 70 pounds to be exact. I have gained nearly all of it back :( just looking for motivation and support. I love sweets and they are my biggest weakness. I really want to get away from sugary foods.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome
  • brooke402
    brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi steph! What a beautiful motivation you have! You can totally do this!! I will add you, I'm 29 as well! Good luck lady!
  • dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph, you can do it! A baby is the most heartfelt motivation! My baby is now 11 and I had him when I was 40. Keep at it and your dream will come true! I am new to this forum as well and will add you as a friend!
  • CalaisCat
    CalaisCat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Steph! Im 26, I also have PCOS and Endometriosis and im 123kg and I was told I would never have kids but now I have an amazing 9 month old son :smiley: I will add you as a friend if that's ok :smile: I would love to see your BFP post! :smiley:
  • lil51490monkey
    lil51490monkey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sis in law just had her baby after trying for 5 years. She has PCOS as well and lost the weight so she could have a baby easier. She used the Palio diet and said that worked the best for her. You can do this!
  • Steppie86
    Steppie86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support. My weight has always been a struggle and I hope I can get it off and keep it off.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a bit of weight too in preparation for a baby next year. While I don't have PCOS the struggle is real regardless to lose weight! Keep the forward momentum and you'll get there... btw I started substituting my need for sugary stuff with those 90 calorie fiber one bars. It helps a lot! Gives me something sweet without tons of sugar.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat! I'm trying to lose 40lbs before my husband and I try for kids. (I've read a lot about how much easier/healthier it is to conceive when you're not obese) Sugar is my weakness as well. I bought one of those machines that makes frozen bananas into ice cream and it's a life saver. That stuff is SOOOO good! I've lost about 80lbs so far, so I can try to give a bit of advice: don't try to change everything all at once. If you do too much at one time you'll likely get burned out and wake up in the bottom of a pint of ben and jerry's. (if you're anything like me) Try to change one thing at a time. This week I'll try to walk more, next week I'll cut out sugary drinks, and so on. It's way easier than trying to become a super-paleo-vegan-gym lover or whatever overnight.
  • Mama_Robyn
    Mama_Robyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in oklahoma too, and the mom of 2 boys. I've recently lost 60 pounds, it's possible! You can add me if you want!