5K Race T-Shirts...what to do?

Options
So I am not a t-shirt gal anymore. After hiding in them for years, I just refuse to wear a box, however, I'm earning a t-shirt with each 5K I run in. Does anyone have any creative ideas what do do with them?

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing what suggestions you get. The only thing I do is roll up my sleeves to my shoulder, but that's mostly because it's hot outside. :smile:
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    make a quilt of them to keep you warm in the wintertime....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How about stuffing them and making throw pillows out of them.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was also going to suggest a quilt.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Quilt-from-Tee-Shirts
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So I am not a t-shirt gal anymore. After hiding in them for years, I just refuse to wear a box, however, I'm earning a t-shirt with each 5K I run in. Does anyone have any creative ideas what do do with them?

Customise them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLIeTy0aivs

:bigsmile:
  • karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    keep the logos and whenever you're done or at your goal weight if you're here to lose weight, make/pay someone to make a quilt to document your runs!
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    cool idea quilting them! i know a lady in town that quilts (as i can only sew a button!). :blushing:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've got shirts from races that I've done and I just use them to work out in at the gym. They are good conversation starters and almost like a badge of honor!!
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    The quilt is great, but if you get like me and after two quilts, it makes sense just to donate them (if they are in good shape).
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Look at the generation t books on how to transform tshirts into other stuff :)
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My kids use them as sleep shirts.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use mine at the gym or when running outside.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm saving mine to make a memories quilt with. I will cut them apart to show each logo, and write in sharpie upon each what my time was.

I have three so far, I need to get running if I ever want my quilt!!!
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    @TheGoktor....THANKS! i've been wanting to do that to some of my zumba shirts!
  • mp530
    mp530 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make pillows
    Donate to charity
    Restyle - http://www.generation-t.com/ or book:http://www.amazon.com/Generation-108-Ways-Transform-T-Shirt/dp/0761137858
    Sometimes, you can get a discount on the race if you don't get the t-shirt - never hurts to ask!
    Or, wear them proudly as they display your hard earned accomplishments
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

I do exactly what those 5K t-shirts are made for... I run in them!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I would wear nothing but t-shirts if I could, so I don't have this problem, but I do have some "memory" type shirts from other things that no longer fit me, I'm planning on doing the t-shirt quilt thing with them one of these days...
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump... when I finally get a few shirts :D
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm into the quilt idea, they are very easy to make, and last for years. You can also have some photo transfer done, so a before and after photo, and also your race t shirts would be awesome!