Weightlifting ladies. Share your story with me!

Options
What was your weight? What was your goal? Did you reach your goal or are you about to? How long did it take? How did you eat (IIFYM, Paleo, etc.)? Pictures?

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bumping because i am also interested
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Started lifting and eating at a deficit in June of last year. I'm 5'4" and went from 163 to about 130-133. Tried a recomp, got bored, and now I'm cutting to get lean enough in order to bulk (wish me luck on that!). Minimal to no cardio, high protein, upped my calories as I got closer to goal. My measurement changes are in my profile.

This is about 9-10 month progress. I started with a trainer, then ran Wendler's 5/3/1, then PHUL at maintenance, now I'm cutting back to 5x5 while I'm in a deficit as I can't handle the volume of PHUL and just want to get the rest of this fat off.

6mt31yd2tiau.jpg

v7kqjp67g0y6.jpg

eta: sorry for the ginormous picture of mah belly
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sucking in that belly, I might hate you. ;) You look great! I'm a little bummed that recomp wasn't for you. The whole cut/bulk/cut thing sounds...like no fun. I know that you see flaws, but your body is enviable.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    If you aren't sucking in that belly, I might hate you. ;) You look great! I'm a little bummed that recomp wasn't for you. The whole cut/bulk/cut thing sounds...like no fun. I know that you see flaws, but your body is enviable.

I am "flexing" my belly there. I have my flatter weeks. I eat high volume so it's often round. Pretty flat the week after my period though.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Flat is still a goal for me. You look fantastic!

OP. I'm still in progress. I started at 198 in Dec. Got to 188 in Jan and started lifting in Feb. I really love lifting and yoga. Those are my go-to work outs but I'll incorporate a day of ergometer once the kids are back in school. I'll start walking (maybe even jogging...maybe) once we get some cool weather. After 6 months of deficit, yoga, and SL 5x5, I took a couple of vacations and am struggling to go back to my deficit. I've been ok this week and have maintained at 166. I need to buckle down and stick with my DAILY deficit instead of going over every few days. I've seen some strength gains, though! I like those a little better than scale loss. I never dreamed of getting through all of my squat sets at 140. I vividly recall struggling with 45 lbs!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jessie Hilgenberg's home edition program, and I'm loving it. Definitely putting on muscle, and my legs have started leaning out. I have lost a few inches, especially noticeable in my thighs, and have gained a bit in my traps, lats and calves. I even have baby biceps peaking out. My favorite thing about Jessie's programs is that you work hard and fuel your body. You don't starve. At most, you end up with about a 300 calorie deficit, depending on which program you do. Definitely recommend.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Help me!!!! I wanna look like that :wink: how often, how heavy and how long for do you lift? ? I'm going to start weights at home from next week. I have all the stuff bench bars weights etc but don't really know where to start. .. any advice please
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Although my highest adult weight is 260 lbs, I didn't start lifting until around 153-154 lbs (didn't have access to the equipment to do so until then).
    I'm 5'4.5".
    I started with Stronglifts 5x5 in Feb 2015, but switched to Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 about mid April. Reason for the switch? I thought I would benefit from the extra lifts in ICF 5x5.
    I'm getting close to a stopping point with my weight. When I do stop though I will try recomp (see if I have enough patience) and if that doesn't work probably bulk.
    Here's some pictures:
    yt00wwxq5fzh.jpg

I'm right around 129-130 lbs right now:
    ny5vrwltn69v.jpg
    This one was last night:
    6qr3n6n00gto.jpg
    And these were a couple days ago:
    0h243j7twrdm.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!