Gym circuit ideas

Options
Hey all! I am new to the Y and plan to work out for 45 min. each morning. Was wondering if anyone has a great circuits that you complete each day that you're willing to share. I enjoy running and using the machines and dumbells. Open to all ideas/exercises!

Replies

• zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have one call the 1000 cal burn if you interested?
  • njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! What all do you do?
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to do 100s so a set of 25 chest, back, triceps, biceps, shoulders maybe add in abs and back all with hand weights or body weight run 2 laps on the track about 1.5 minutes do another set of 20 or 25s each, run ect till I have done 100 reps with warm up and cool down laps it ends up being about 1.5 miles running with the lifting. I will do the same thing with lower body you can look up exercises online to target specific muscle groups. You can do this same type of thing but do each exercise 45 seconds, with a 15 second rest for 8 different exercises then do my lap or 2 rest 1-2 minutes and repeat should do 3 or 4 complete sets in 45 min. Sample:
    Chest: chest press or push ups
    Back: bent over rows
    Shoulder: shoulder press, flys, arm circles
    Biceps: curls different variations
    Triceps: dips, overhead extension, tricep push-ups
    For 100s I would do one out of each section 25 reps. If I were doing 45 second workout I would space some mountain climbers, jumping jacks, plank jacks, and curl ups, bicyclers not sure the real name in there for a total of 8 different exercises. If I want to go lower body I would just switch out lower body exercises. of course , I just gave the upper body workouts and cardio stuff but anyway you get the idea. I switch it up a lot. Used to do a boot camp class one summer so learned lots of different exercises but there are resources online too. Sorry so long hope that makes sense.
  • njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I like the 25 reps, run, and repeat idea. That's kind of what I was doing anyway, just wasn't counting or anything ha! I'm looking forward to trying this out tomorrow morning!
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Its a simple body weight circuit.

1. 100 jumping jacks
    2. 100 Crunches
    3. 100 Squats
    4. 25 Push Ups

Rest 30-60 seconds

1. 100 jumping jacks
    2. 100 Crunches
    3. 100 Squats