How to exercise back of arms

Options
I'm sure youve heard the terms "bat wing arms" or "granny arms." I'm talking about that area. I have dumb bells ranging from 5 - 25 pounds.. Can I use these to tone that area? I do 30 - 60 minutes cardio per day so the area is shrinking! Just dont know how to tone up!

Replies

• karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    there are tons of youtube videos and videos on shape.com that will give you some ideas!
    lots of at home options fo you!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think that area takes a combo of biceps and triceps work to tone up.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    bench dips and lying tricep extensions (aka "skull crushers")
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Biceps and triceps! My fav are basic triceps extensions and bench dips.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Eeek sorry, double post.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Biceps and triceps! My fav are basic triceps extensions and bench dips.

jinx!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Goggle triceps extensions, it’s much better to see it than read it. But anything that moves the arm from a bent position to a straight position works the triceps.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    :smile:
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i feel like everywhere else on my body im losing fat but my arms are gaining it! haha, so ill be interested to see the answers
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yep. I think it's called "the suicide press"... lie on your back, hold the weights straight above your shoulders. Keep your elbows where they are now, and lower the weight towards your forehead and raise it back up. 3 sets of 12, 3x's a week! I do this and bench press (3 sets of 12) and bicep curs (3 sets of 12) and chin ups (as many as I can muster! about three usually ;)....

also, push ups help! But the suicide press is the best to target the back of the arms! (P.S. I'm no doctor! That's just my experience!)
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just started working with a personal trainer. He had us do a rope pressdown for this area. It was a v shaped rope upside down and attached to the machine. Then we pulled down on it. It was hard and made me realize I am weak!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    There are 2 that I know of. One is the Tricep extension, the other one is the kickback. Google Tricep weight training.