Quest Bars

Options
bowenks
bowenks Posts: 14 Member
Hello! I love quest bars so much! They taste great and I love the texture of the bars. One bar is only between 160-200 calories and are 60 grams a bar! It is great, but they are highly processed. Do you know any other bars that are similar in texture (chewy and soft) and have the same amount of calories and grams per bar. The bars I usually look at are 240 calories and the bar only has 40 grams.

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    this has been posted over 1000x on multiple threads :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Quest give out free bars or something to people promoting their artificial tasting frankenfoods.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ew, I bought a box because everyone seemed to be eating them. Hate them. They taste like stale sugary biscuits. Much prefer Promax lean mint choc chip bars, and they're cheaper. Although, trying to wean off the processed stuff....
  • TylerForget
    TylerForget Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've tried over 25 brands, and so far Quest seems to hold up best for taste and texture.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If you love Quest so much, why are you looking for alternatives? You mention processing, so perhaps you are looking for something less processed?? Any bar is going to be processed but I doubt you'll find one that is less processed with the same amount of protein and fiber.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    this has been posted over 1000x on multiple threads :)

I had to verify this and it's true!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=quest&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

over 1000 results.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bowenks wrote: »
    Hello! I love quest bars so much! They taste great and I love the texture of the bars. One bar is only between 160-200 calories and are 60 grams a bar! It is great, but they are highly processed. Do you know any other bars that are similar in texture (chewy and soft) and have the same amount of calories and grams per bar. The bars I usually look at are 240 calories and the bar only has 40 grams.

Why are you looking for an alternative? May be easier to offer suggestions if we know why you are seeking another type of bar. If it is the processing, that's going to be kind of standard with any brand protein bar. They are all processed. You can make "quest" bars at home...there is a recipe floating around the forums somewhere I just can't remember where.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If you love Quest so much, why are you looking for alternatives? You mention processing, so perhaps you are looking for something less processed?? Any bar is going to be processed but I doubt you'll find one that is less processed with the same amount of protein and fiber.

+1
  • RainbowPearl
    RainbowPearl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here is a site for making homemade quest bars. You know whats going in it.

http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I also like KIND bars. They are a different texture because many have whole nuts, etc. Great for chocolate lovers. They have more carbs than Quest, so I eat them when I want a carb/protein combo rather than all protein.
  • ungeneric
    ungeneric Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The only product I've seen that is really comparable to Quest bars are Manbake bars. They're pretty similar in terms of protein and (soluble) fiber per calorie. I'm told they taste pretty similar, too.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I also like keto bars: www.ketobars.com.