My Fitness Pal has calorie goal at 1,800... I am 6'5", 270

Options
Like the title says, I am a 6'5", 270 pound male, and MFP has my Calorie Goal at under 2,000. There is no way this is healthy or correct, is there? I have my goal as to lose 1.5 pounds per week. Any ideas where to check to ensure that the calorie goal is being updated accordingly? A few days ago it had my goal at 2,500....

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1.5 pound a week is a pretty big deficit, so it's probably why.

Also remember that you have to add your exercise calories to it.
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1.5 pounds a week is roughly 750 a day caloric deficit, so I don't doubt that it may be accurate to say it could still be under 2000 depending on age and activity level. I have my own calculator on my computer at work to cross check mine and usually it's like 50-100 calories different than MFP.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Was it 2500 after you logged exercise? As you log exercise your goal increases.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I agree, 2000 calories should be the goal at that height and weight assuming you are 31 and sedentary. Even adding years doesn't really get down to 1800.

It sounds like you may have accidentally hit 2lb/week or possibly something else went wrong.

Try updating the various fields that modify the calorie goal (activity, current weight, weight goal, etc...)