Ladies - favorite shape wear?

Options
enkiemonkey
enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
hi ladies (sorry gentlemen not sure if this applies to you)

Any favorite shape wear brands or types that you love? I just went to Macy's and bought the Jockey tummy saver. (They look like biker shorts) I'm going to be wearing it under a body hugging dress for a date tonight -- this morning I just tried it on and loved it. It smooths out everything and makes me feel super confident about how I look!

Any other type of shape wear you swear by and love?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I like the same Jockey kind you mentioned and Assets. Assets is made by Spanx as it's less costly version. They have them at Target. I'm not sure if they are sold elsewhere.
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    Any specific kind you love? So far I just got the shorts. Did you try any tank top versions etc? Does the edge curl up or down when you sit down?
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've tried the tank top/ cami kinds. I like them. The Assets brand curls up on me, but Kohls has one...I can't remember the brand, and it stays put.
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • Lovedogs57
    Lovedogs57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spanx is a little pricey, but they last forever. I also have Assets which work pretty well - while they are very comfortable, the leg band does sometimes show through on pants - depending on style.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wore shapewear for an event after having my daughter and hated it. I'm chubby in the thighs so the shorts or skirts typically give me an indent and are very noticeable.

I bought one more recently for an event and it was AMAZING! It's Spanx Star Power (only sold at Macy's)
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/star-power-by-spanx-light-control-award-thinners-open-bust-slip-2013-only-at-macys?ID=855672&CategoryID=63723&LinkType=#fn=SHAPEWEAR_STYLE=Slip&PAGEINDEX=1&sp=1&spc=4&ruleId=&slotId=4
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    Thank you all amazing ladies for sharing
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I love my Spanx. Expensive, but they last forever. I also like that they have different profiles (long leg, short leg) as well as different levels of control.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i just wear a corset/waist trainer
    I hate shapewear. I nearly peed myself trying to get a pair of shorts off.
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i just wear a corset/waist trainer
    I hate shapewear. I nearly peed myself trying to get a pair of shorts off.

Dying. Hhahahhahahhaha
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I like the Self Expressions brand from Target.

They are cheap and last forever, plus they tend to fit my issues.
  • LokiDokiArtichoki
    LokiDokiArtichoki Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just stick to control top pantyhose. I feel like a sausage getting stuffed into a casing in shape wear. Not a pleasant feeling IMO.. I'd rather just wear clothes that flatter/fit my curves/rolls.
  • enkiemonkey
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The jockey one is easy to get into :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I get the ones that go really high (one reaches my bra band) and don't have problems with curling up. I only use the shorts kind.
  • Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It does apply to some gentlemen, LOL! I've had really good luck with Hanes Silk Reflections High Waist pantyhose. They have a wide elastic band that comes up just under the bust line and never roll down. Definitely good muffin-top control. They are about 1/3 the price of Spanx and I think the feel on the leg is nicer. Better color shades, too. Another good option are the Donna Karan high waist; much nicer than Spanx though the price is about the same. I will also use a corset to get a more hourglass shape, though I can only tolerate it for short periods.
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    That's a great suggestion. Thank you. The rolling thing is so terrible and that happens to women of all sizes apparently (I asked some slim gfs and they had the same challenge.
  • Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes--the dreaded roll-down! I love pantyhose and how they make my legs look, but I couldn't stand the roll-down. I thought I was wearing them wrong, or wearing the wrong size. I asked my wife, and she said it happens all the time, so I experimented with different brands and found the HSR High Waist, and voila, problem solved. Once my wife saw them and how they stayed put all night, she tried them, and now that's all she wears. Kind of ironic that she learned that from her husband, but hey, whatever works!
  • enkiemonkey
    Options
    Haha amazing. All it needed was the small tweak of size of the band