bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
Help! what will help tone my thighs the best ? I have been told
lunges and they seem to be great for my butt and calfs but not my thighs
any more suggestions?

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, plie squats backside kick.....there are loads!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    bump! cellulite sucks!
  • trdeming
    trdeming Posts: 4
    Options
    try running? or maybe laying down on your side and lifting your leg that way. But if you find out, please let me and my thunderthighs know.
  • xmillax
    xmillax Posts: 23
    Options
    this is the area i struggled with the most but after just 2 weeks of doing leg raises noticed a hugeee difference on my thigh area!
    squats and inner and outer leg raises are amaaaazing! i tend to try do 3X sets of 20 inner and outer leg raises twice a day (in the morn and evening) and also i seperate these sets by doing 10-20 squats
    i also started doing leg raises with bracelet weights on my ankle which seems to be working even better!

hope i helped xx
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    running, and hip adductions and abductions or adductors, abductors.. same thing.. u pull in u push out! great for the thighs! but cardio as well!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Lunges are great and so are squats, but remember to strengthen the hamstrings as well for a more proportional distribution of muscle (and fat).
    Deadlifts and bridges are the best ones I can think of. Deadlifts are a strength training exercise and bridge is a yoga/pilates move.

There are other pilates moves that are great for the inner/outer thighs as well. Pilates in general has a similar effect to dance in that it requires smaller, less noticed muscle groups that are usually overlooked. I would give it a shot.
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Lunges
    Those exercises utilize more leg muscles than any other exercise, and they eat up the calories. But they do take GUTS to do. Good luck.
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you dont already have one go buy a Stability Ball. Lay on the ground with your legs up, hold the ball in your hands and throw the ball up in the air and catch it between your feet hold for a few seconds then let go of the ball catch it and do it again. The stability ball has TONS and TONS of different exercises you can do with it for all parts of your body..
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    brazillian lunges. very similar to a lunge, except you put your back leg up on a sturdy surface about two feet high, propping your foot up (laces down on the surface). Put hands on hips and with forward leg, lunge, making sure you knee does not pass over your toes. Do 12 reps, keeping back foot propped up. Repeat with other leg. Do one more set per leg. Works your whole leg.

Deadlifts are also very good for your hamstrings, often a trouble zone for cellulite. Put feet hip width apart and hold one weight (at least 5 pounds) with both hands. Bend down, keeping legs and back straight. Try to touch your toes with your hands holding the dumbbell, but don't hurt yourself. Slowly come back up into standing position. Repeat to 12 reps and do a second set.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Wahoo have lots to try thanks everyone, I did just start the c25k last week
    will incorporate some more of these.