213! Biggest I've ever been

Options
Hi everyone, I did the thing I've been avoiding most and stood on my scale this morning. I knew I wouldn't like it so I just pushed it out of my mind and hadn't done it. Those numbers jump up fast when you try to pretend they don't matter!

I need to find my motivation and get myself moving and eating better and smarter. I hope that posting more often will make me feel more accountable, i plan to see you guys more often!

-mom to 3
-works with kids
-wife to 1 (ha!)
-slave to sugar

Replies

• AshleyGurganus
    AshleyGurganus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree. The scale can be a very scary thing. I, too, am a mom, and often put my own health on the back burner. Eventually, it became clear that my own health needed to be addressed, and that I needed to lose weight! I am down 10 pounds, and I feel great! I have confidence that you can do it, too. If you need any motivation, I am here!
  • breckrose
    breckrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you are not alone...I am in the exact situation...one day at a time..
  • brooke402
    brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have tried hard the last 3 days to be aware of the food I am putting into my mouth and making the choice to pick healthy foods
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's really hard finding the time and the energy for weight loss for anyone who is as busy as most parents. After working 8-10 hours and then caring for children and the million things that make your house run I feel like I should be able to eat whatever the hell I want. Finding the hour to hit the gym feels like one more burden. I think it is worth it though.

I started at 223 and I'm only 5"'3". I'm around 190 now, and while still obese by BMI standards I really feel much better. I'm trying to get to 145, but I've been unsuccessful with my weight loss for the last 8 months because I've gotten lazy. Even now, I'm just eating at maintenance trying to get my head right. I haven't given up though.
  • AMYSHAH
    AMYSHAH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm trying to stay motivated myself it's not easy but it can be done!
  • brooke402
    brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's really hard finding the time and the energy for weight loss for anyone who is as busy as most parents. After working 8-10 hours and then caring for children and the million things that make your house run I feel like I should be able to eat whatever the hell I want. Finding the hour to hit the gym feels like one more burden. I think it is worth it though.

I started at 223 and I'm only 5"'3". I'm around 190 now, and while still obese by BMI standards I really feel much better. I'm trying to get to 145, but I've been unsuccessful with my weight loss for the last 8 months because I've gotten lazy. Even now, I'm just eating at maintenance trying to get my head right. I haven't given up though.

I am 5'2! Its so hard when you gain weight at this height because it doesn't hide, it just packs on the tiny frame. My goal is also 145, that's my big long term goal. I used to hang out at 185 and that was good "enough" but I want to be so much more than that!

Don't give up! We can do it