CURSE YOU SCALE!!

Options
ForestFairy022
ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I swear this thing is busted. It's been 3 weeks and absolutely no change in number whatsoever. I mean, show me I've gained or I've lost something, show me ANYTHING scale!!! Not just the EXACT. SAME. NUMBER. EVERY. TIME!

I don't understand it. I've tested it out with a bag of flour and it worked. Blasted thing from hell! **throws it through mfp window**

Replies

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration :(
  • ForestFairy022
    Options
    It keeps saying 62.2kg. Honestly can it not just change to 62.1 or 62.3 or just do SOMETHING?! Gosh its been exactly the same for 3 weeks. How?! You want to tell me I have the same amount of poop in me that I had 3 weeks ago? ...
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Switch it to pounds, at least it'll look different ;)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You might want to place it somewhere else just to see. The digital scale at the Y has a bad habit of "memorizing" my weight. Once I forgot I had a set of keys in my pocket, so I got off the scale, took them out, waited for the scale to calibrate, and I weighed the exact same thing. A lady about my size got on them and SHE weighed the same as I did! She was excited that she had lost three pounds, but somehow I don't think she did.
  • ForestFairy022
    Options
    Haha! Or maybe take the batteries out and put them in again.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Screw the scale, my trousers waist is loose.
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    try not using the scale - progress measured by so many other things bar that. most demotivational tool around, IMO.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring inches as well!?
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I so know what you mean!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    a million times yes! My scale has been at the exact same number for about a month. Now, I get that I haven't been weighing my food but the last time i tried MFP, I didn't weigh my food and lost 30 lbs. I wouldn't even mind if the scale went up but it's been exactly the same forever!
  • waterbyrde
    waterbyrde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My scale "sticks."

To unstick it, I hold something to add a couple pounds' worth of weight, then weigh again with just me. It usually shows a different weight the second time - more in line with what I'm expecting. (Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down.)

I know that sounds weird, but a few years ago I spent over three weeks at the same weight no matter what I did (use the bathroom, wear clothing, etc.), and that's when I discovered two or so pounds added and removed from my weight would reset it. I almost wondered if it was a feature of the device. Like the scale* saying "you're weighing yourself too often - wait for more than .4 lbs change next time."

But those .4 lbs matter when you want to see an effect.

* There's a word for believing inanimate objects are out to get you - resistentionalism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistentialism
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    at least you're consistent...amiright?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    trmmiqmn80o7.jpg