lost around 9 kgs and hit a weight loss plateu

Options
Hi everyone....
I lost around 9 kgs (from 69kg to 60kg now) in two months by doing dieting and hiit cardio workouts. But I am not losing anymore. I need to go down to 54kg and it is getting very difficult for me. I do cardio and basic plank exercise around 4-5 times a week and I am feeling very difficult to stick to my diet also anymore. My diet usually contains citrus fruits, vegetables and low fat diary products(skim milk, yogurt and egg whites). I prefer to take very less carbs. But nowadays often I get bad cravings for carbs and I end up binging a whole packet of biscuits.

Can anyone suggest me something how I will achieve my goal weight.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? Can you open your dairy? How long have you been stuck for?

Why do you prefer to eat fewer carbs? If you get cravings, maybe you should eat more carbs...
  • DarrynRenton
    DarrynRenton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Balancing your macros are extremely important in maintaining weigh loss. The most important part is to retain a caloric deficit though. If you eating a whole packet of biscuits you introducing a large percentage of sugar and carbohydrates into your regime. Coupled with the fact you already eating fruits you over doing your carb and sugar intake. Careful with simple sugar foods as they per gram are much higher in calories
  • esha09
    esha09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No i dont exactly have a weighing system at home to weigh the portions but i try to limit within one to two cups. My breakfast usually consists of one cup of watermelon, yoghurt or egg whites and one apple and 4-5 almonds. Lunch I will have tomato and cucumber salad/ boiled lentils/yoghurt and any fruit. Then dinner I eat between 5:30 to 6:30 and I get the craving at that time most. So nowadays I end up eating the biscuit packet and one cup of coffee having milk and sugar. I pack fruits(watermelon/pineapple) or cucumbers for snacks to office but along with them I end up eating biscuits.
  • esha09
    Options
    I am stuck since one month now and I need to get down to 54 kgs from 60 kgs by end of this month.
  • DemoraFairy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    esha09 wrote: »
    No i dont exactly have a weighing system at home to weigh the portions but i try to limit within one to two cups. My breakfast usually consists of one cup of watermelon, yoghurt or egg whites and one apple and 4-5 almonds. Lunch I will have tomato and cucumber salad/ boiled lentils/yoghurt and any fruit. Then dinner I eat between 5:30 to 6:30 and I get the craving at that time most. So nowadays I end up eating the biscuit packet and one cup of coffee having milk and sugar. I pack fruits(watermelon/pineapple) or cucumbers for snacks to office but along with them I end up eating biscuits.

Start weighing foods, you may be eating a lot more than you think. Cups aren't a reliable way of measuring calories. Using cups may have worked until now, but as you near your goal weight your deficit will be reducing, and you may need to tighten up your logging. You didn't answer why you try to keep down on carbs?
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Weigh your foods (even if that means weighing them at home and not eating extra at work) and expect that your weight loss is going to slow as you get closer to your goal weight.
  • esha09
    Options
    because I feel everything like fruits and veggies have little amount of carbs in them. Eating whole carbs again will just add calories. I am trying to get the goal weight as fast as possible.

By the way I tried the way of increasing the food intake and then drastically reducing it also. Like I did cheating for 3-4 days and ate everything i wanted. I gained 1-2 kgs but then when i came back to my diet i lost 3 kgs ....:)

I am planning to do that again. By the way what is your opinion on the lemonade cleansing for 2 days???
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Your body needs more carbs! Try to eat more carbs for breakfast and lunch that way you will not crave for it when it's time for dinner. You need to understand that your body needs a certain amount of carbs trough out the day to function. I think that's why you are craving.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    esha09 wrote: »
    because I feel everything like fruits and veggies have little amount of carbs in them. Eating whole carbs again will just add calories. I am trying to get the goal weight as fast as possible.

By the way I tried the way of increasing the food intake and then drastically reducing it also. Like I did cheating for 3-4 days and ate everything i wanted. I gained 1-2 kgs but then when i came back to my diet i lost 3 kgs ....:)

I am planning to do that again. By the way what is your opinion on the lemonade cleansing for 2 days???

I can understand indirectly cutting out carbs if you're just not eating foods that have a lot of carbs in because they happen to be high in calories and you'd rather have foods that you can eat more of for the same amount of calories (I've done that myself), but don't try to cut carbs just for the sake of having carbs. Especially if you find yourself craving then binging on them - incorporate them into your diet.

You could try that, though your problem is that you're not eating in a deficit. Start weighing food and see how it goes.

And I think any sort of cleanse is pretty pointless unless you just really want to drink nothing but lemonade for 2 days. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to find the quick fixes, there are not such things and you are teaching yourself awful habits. It took you time to gain the weight, it is going to take time to lose the weight.
  • AlexanderHeyne
    AlexanderHeyne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Esha,

It could also be because you're not being patient enough. Sometimes clients of mine lose more weight once they start waiting a bit longer between weight loss intervals.

E.g. maybe previously you could lose a pound a week, but now it might take a pound a month.

Have you tried waiting a bit longer?
  • esha09
    Options
    I don't see any other way out apart from waiting, working out and eating healthy. Will include bit more healthy carbs this time.. lets c what happens...will post again after one month....:)
  • esha09
    Options
    and thanks guys for suggesting me different ways...:)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Balancing your macros are extremely important in maintaining weigh loss. The most important part is to retain a caloric deficit though. If you eating a whole packet of biscuits you introducing a large percentage of sugar and carbohydrates into your regime. Coupled with the fact you already eating fruits you over doing your carb and sugar intake. Careful with simple sugar foods as they per gram are much higher in calories

For weight loss, the only thing that matters is caloric deficit. Eating excess carbohydrates does not negate a deficit.

• arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    mops89 wrote: »
    Your body needs more carbs! Try to eat more carbs for breakfast and lunch that way you will not crave for it when it's time for dinner. You need to understand that your body needs a certain amount of carbs trough out the day to function. I think that's why you are craving.

This is wrong in so many ways. The body does not "need" carbs.
    Look up the Ketogenic Diet of you are interested in goin low carb.
    And eating fruits does not equal low carb, not even close. The amount of sugar in most fruits and a lot of certain types of vege's takes you out of any " low carb". The point of low carb is to enter Ketosis ( fat burning for fuel) vs glycogen ( aka carbs).
    I didnt see very much protein in your meal plan, we need more than the RDA suggestions especially when in a calorie deficit to preserve LBM.