Hey, I'm new with this program

Options
Hi myfitnesspal members, my name is Lisa Parker and I’m new to this website. I just started less than a week ago and just today filled in information on my profile. Is there any tips anyone could give me on this program? I see that the progress is starting to work, but I still feel hungry. It’s hard to not intake as many calories/carbs/fat as I’m use to eating.
:smile:

Replies

• celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey Lisa! welcome :) im kinda new here too, ive been here for like 2 weeks! It was so hard for me too, to be so restricted, but i started seeing what i was eating that had more kcals and wasnt so nutritious and i cutted the portions there, and started having more fruit, veggies, and lean proteins (egg whites are always a good snack)... they're low on carbs and you feel full, and you'll eventually get used to not ingesting as many kcals or carbs and fat. I really felt frustrated in the begining, but now i dont feel so hungry anymore, and when i do i eat something healthy with no guilt, after all the goal you set for yourself is lower than what you need, so you can pass a little, just dont eat more than the kcals your body needs daily!!! (for example, when i go to "goals", it says my calories burned for everyday activity are 1550, but my limit is 1150, because i want to lose some weight. but when im still hungry i eat over 1150, but never over the 1550, or else ill gain weight! and it gives me a good margin). just try to eat good food, dont deprive yourself, and just ask whenever you have any doubt!

i hope i helped (i know i talk too much!) :D add me if you want!! and good luck!