no more heffer-ness!

las6_30
las6_30 Posts: 6
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Well, I used to weigh 230 lbs then I got a personal trainer and was down to 167lbs!... Now I am living with the most amazing man ever and somehow managed to let myself go!... I got toooo comfortable cooking huge elaborate dinners and now we both have gained a ton of weight! : ( I am now back up to 211 and very disappointed in myself... Hoping to get back on track! : )

Replies

• Good luck, I love this site!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    You did it once - you can do it again!!!

You know how they joke about gaining weight after getting married? Guilty!!! the smallest I can remember being since high school was around 165 when I went to Vegas to get married 12 years ago. I was 170 by the time I got home (buffets are evil) and it's been up, up, down, up, up, down ever since.

Good luck sweetie - this site is awesome! And so are the people!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    well get back to basics you can create delicious romantic meals that look sophisticated, sexy and elegant, using fresh healthy stuff too, am sure he loves your cooking, and you must be very good at it. I think it takes some creativeness to make new menus and offer them, please the eye first, texture, color, fragrance of the foods work from there, put unusual combinations together to wow the taste buds so your not missing the comfort foods that make you gain weight. If you need ideas let me know.
  • patrarmstr
    patrarmstr Posts: 2 Member
    That sounds like me- but I am having a heck of a time getting back on track- I've never had a personal trainer- are they expensive?
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! You know what works for you and so you have an excellent toolset at your disposal. As someone who is recently climbing back on the wagon myself, it really is like riding a bicycle...once you get back into the old (good) habits, they'll stick, and that happens a lot faster the second time around. I look at it like a learning experience: from now on, I really am going to think twice about what I stick in my mouth, because I've learned the hard way that maintenance is a lifelong journey!

Best of luck to you!! You KNOW you can do it! :D
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    I need some new ideas......can you share a few?
  • las6_30
    las6_30 Posts: 6
    Thank you all for your encouraging words and motivation! : )
    @Kim: Some of the things I've learned from the personal trainer were to eat healthy carbs in the morning like double fiber wheat toast with peanut butter and fruit and no carbs after 3pm... He also taught me to have several healthy snacks like raw almonds, veggies, fruit and to really cut out high sugar foods!... I am always reading nutrition facts to watch the sugars more than anything else... I have also found that a good protein shake after a workout really helps replenish everything u worked out of your system and really helps repair the little tears and damage u can do to your muscles after a workout : )
    @patramstr: Personal trainer's can be expensive, you just have to find what's best for your money... I have found at 24 hour fitness, you can get a great deal... and besides, i've always thought "if i can go drop $200 at the bar in one night, why do i think i cant drop $50/hr on a trainer!?"
    @littlelaura: I am ALWAYS open to new recipe ideas!... I love to cook and try new things! : )
This discussion has been closed.