Counting calories

Options
who all here counts calories and that's the extent of your diet? I'm a very picky eater and never wanna feel like I absolutely can't eat something bc it won't fit into my diet. I mostly eat what I want as long as I'm within my calorie limit at the end of the day. That being said, if I want ice cream, and I have calories left, I eat my ice cream! Lol. I run and do other forms of cardio 4-5 days per week. Btw, I've lost 23 lbs since January after having my last baby and have 9 more lbs to go!

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as it fits into my allotted calories. I do walk, run and other exercise but I don't log it here. I lose weight that way. But I know for some, it's much harder or next to impossible to do it that way. To each their own. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • KSchu79
    KSchu79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i think your approach is a very sustainable approach over the long haul...too often people get caught up in a diet or a plan, go all out and then realize they aren't having fun or there isn't any wiggle room and then fall off the wagon completely...well done - keep up the good work.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Even if we eat the same thing every meal we have to know how many calories we are eating to figure out why the scales are not moving. The only thing track informally daily is the number of carbs I eat daily and how much I weigh. If the scales are not reporting the weight I expect then I have to count calories to troubleshoot the cause.
  • mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight as long as you get less calories than your limit. But if you dont fit enough protein, you might end up losing muscle instead of fat which is not what we want. Try mixing yoghurt and your favourite flavour protein powder and freeze it and eat it like ice cream ;)