30 DAY SHRED....what all do you need??

KristinAshli
KristinAshli Posts: 64
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there! Can someone please tell me what all you need to complete the 30 Day Shred? I know you need weights...but is that it? And normally, do you need more than 1 specific weight?? Anything else? Let me know! THANKS!! :)

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    I'd recommend a lot of sweat bands. LOL But seriously, you just need some hand weights. Good luck!
  • The weights are really all you need. 3 or 5 pound hand weights will work fine, or heavier if you want, just be careful. :) It is an AWESOME workout, and you will see a difference as you go along the 30 days. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shred! :) Good luck!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    If you're going to be working out on a hard surface I would suggest getting a mat too.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Nothing--my roommate does it sans weights and it still kicks her *kitten*! I used 3lb hand weights my first 2 times around and it still worked my butt!
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I thing I'm going to try it soon.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    I would recommed weights anywhere from 3-8lbs, and a yoga mat!
  • WishComeTru
    WishComeTru Posts: 88 Member
    I just tried it for the first time last night... UGH!!! I only need handweights, but mine were too heavy that I had. Now I have a major sore knot in my shoulder & neck area. How the heck am I supposed to try it again? I don't want to hurt myself more.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    I just bought the 30 day shred and The Jillian Michaels for beginners today. I was going ot start it but i could not find the cables for my DVD player. I have not used it yet. i was going to buy some weights while I was at it but I was not sure which ones to start out with. I will stop off tomorrow maybe and pick up new cables and the weights at walmart before I come home. My dog should be at her her Doggie boot camp tomorrow.... yayyy.....
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    I just tried it for the first time last night... UGH!!! I only need handweights, but mine were too heavy that I had. Now I have a major sore knot in my shoulder & neck area. How the heck am I supposed to try it again? I don't want to hurt myself more.

Don't quit! Don't use weights for a couple days until you feel better. I started 30 DS last night too. I used 3lb weights which weren't so bad, but I even put them down during one of the sessions!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Use proper handweights, not packets of juice like I did! It was ok to begin with, but you need to put weight on them at level 3, which I couldn't do with juice packs!

If you have a slippery floor you may need a way round that too.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Well, just got the 3 lb handweights today along with the cables for the dvd player and it works. i am going to try it either tomorrow or Sunday. I can't wait to start it. I am debating whether or not I should start the beginner one first and then move to the 30 day shred or just go right into the 30 day shred. What do you guys think?
This discussion has been closed.