1200 cal a day from now till xmas and really want to lose bellyfat. Is this you??????

Options
flattumme
flattumme Posts: 80 Member
Hi I am looking for fellow 1200 cal a day mfp pal friends to weigh in as a group each wedensday and give measurement progress each three weeks. Also those who would like to weekly discuss ups and downs and exchange tips and support on losing stubborn bellyfat and midriff fat. Preferably women in 40s who start to realise this problem. The most I am looking for in this group is ten women. Please don't join if unless you are sure you are going to commit to this group from now till xmas.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    The fat comes off where it comes off. You can definitely look better if you do core exercises, but you can't lose belly fat. The media has lied to you.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your resolve . I hope you find the group challenge you are looking for.
    My experience is: Abs are made in the kitchen
    Try to start strength training and weight lifting. Those have been useful for me to get a better body shape.
    Unfortunately my body decides where to lose fat first. Guess what ? it was not the belly. You can not spot reduce
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    As far as losing fat you lose it all over your body. I've read that the last fat in is the first out when you are losing weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why only 10 women?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why only 10 women?

Sometimes the reason is that if you make it seem exclusive, more people will want to join. This is also a common method used in MLM type sales (not saying OP is doing that)

Or perhaps she only has 10 of each of what she is selling, IDK :)
  • flattumme
    Options
    Why only 10 women?
    I had a group before and I had too many on it to be honest and a lot were not serious enough and only sometime reported their weekly progress. I wand ten focused women who want to work together on sticking to the progress reports and support. I want to keep it simple for better results at present.
  • flattumme
    Options
    Why only 10 women?

Sometimes the reason is that if you make it seem exclusive, more people will want to join. This is also a common method used in MLM type sales (not saying OP is doing that)

I am not selling. I want to work with a supportive focused group to lose the weight as I want to focus on losing this stubborn fat myself. I have a bad back and unfortunately at present cannot do core floor excercises so I am looking to receive support as much as give it. we work better together I beleive
  • flattumme
    Options
    Why only 10 women?

Queenliz you are very sceptical and negative.

• queenliz99
    Options
    flattumme wrote: »
    Why only 10 women?

There are people on here selling their junk, I was just feeling you out, sorry. I am actually very funny to be around. I think you would like me. You could add me if you like, I am super supportive. Typed words are hard to convey positivity :D
  • flattumme
    Options
    flattumme wrote: »
    Why only 10 women?

There are people on here selling their junk, I was just feeling you out, sorry. I am actually very funny to be around. I think you would like me. You could add me if you like, I am super supportive. Typed words are hard to convey positivity :D

Ah I have experienced the sales people on this alright and that is not on my agenda. I want to be part of a supportive group who will report weekly progress and work together to achieve positive results. I will join you no probs
  • RickMcShane
    RickMcShane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As a guy on a 1200 a day program with the same goal, I'd love to join. Hope my ability to pee standing isn't an issue.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    As a guy on a 1200 a day program with the same goal, I'd love to join. Hope my ability to pee standing isn't an issue.

Per MFP guidelines............the lowest default minimum for a woman is 1200 and the lowest default minimum for a man is 1500.

1200 is not enough nutrition for a man (hopefully this is medically supervised...I dunno). The larger the deficit, the harder it is for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. I won't do 1200 and I'm a woman.
  • RickMcShane
    RickMcShane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doc gave me the guidelines. Down 55lbs. All good.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not a 1200-per-dayer, but I can understand the desire to form a small group. Its easy to get lost in a group of hundreds especially when many stay active only briefly.

Good luck to you.
  • zanhem
    zanhem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.....my goal is close to yours ,u can count me in.
  • smilezevery1
    smilezevery1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hay gurl hay I wanna join your team!! I'm a 1200 cal a day lady lookin to buckle down and lose the weight. I fed need accountability too
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes please add me! I am totally committed as of right now
  • flattumme
    Options
    1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.
    above is the name of my group. please request to join and I will join yu
  • flattumme
    Options
    Hay gurl hay I wanna join your team!! I'm a 1200 cal a day lady lookin to buckle down and lose the weight. I fed need accountability too
    1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.
    Above is the name of my group. please request to join and I will join yu
  • flattumme
    Options
    Above is the name of my group. please request to join and I will join yu