Herbal Life !!!

Options
Anybody try Herbal Life diet? My wife is trying to get me to do it with her, but I am reluctant. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have looked into it and I honestly think that it is a way of getting people to eat properly while making them think that the herbs are what's facilitating the weightloss.

Don't get me wrong.... some of the herbs MAY help boost the metabolism or calm cravings but it is really nothing that you can't do on your own with your own brain power and determination:)

You tell someone that something is going to make them lose weight and they will jump though hoops to buy it, do it, have it... you tell them they can lose it by eating right and moving more and they don't believe you or aren't in the right frame of mind to make it happen.

Keep doing what your doin.... You are doing great!!
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Most people I know gain all the weight back and then some. Its better just to eat better and count calories in my opinion because you are actually eating food to lose weight. Programs like that work but what happens when you go back to eating actual meals is the problem.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have tried it twice and both time I lost like 20lbs but that was before discovering I was pregnant both times,lol. Not because of the Herbalife, of course but as I lost weight my hormones were more in balance. It is expensive and they do offer plans for maintenance after U lose weight. If there is something U two can share in reaching your goals I say go for it, U can support and encourage each other and that's something no shake can offer.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Tried it once. It was expensive and I only lost 6lbs. Made my breath stink too!
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink the shakes and take some supplements. I like the multivitamin, total control (curbs appetite) and the cell-u-loss which is supposed to make sure you are not bloated. The problem is that they are expensive and it is calorie control, so if you can watch your calories on MFP then you are basically accomplishing the same thing. I use them because the supplements are kosher and it is hard to find kosher vitamins. If you are making the shakes at home they can taste really gross unless you mix them the right way (something I learned the hard way). I usually walk down the street and pick a shake up it is easy and convenient when I am at work. Some of the products are have caffiene which can make you feel really wired when you first start taking them. Also some of the teas have hibiscus something that a lot of people are allergic to. Let me know if you have more questions. More than happy to help.
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to sell it. Save your money and learn how to "Eat for Health" or "Eat to Live" using real food. Herbal supplements can't duplicate the power or pleasure of nutrient rich food.
  • gmom81158
    gmom81158 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been using the products for over a year and love it! I never felt better in my life. I am no longer diabetic and have watched my cholesterol continue to drop and my energy rise. I don't just use the weight loss stuff. I can say when I am not using it, I am not as successful and feel like crap. My son lost 100 on it, my dad about 40, my sister over 50 and she is off 5 sugar meds and 2 cholesterol meds and I had lost 84 at one point then went off to try my own thing and put weight back on.....Back on it this week and already feeling the change. You have to do what is best for you. All I can say is I took it to my dr who said there was nothing in it that would hurt me-she is now thrilled with my results!