30 DAY SHRED....what all do you need??

Options
Hi there! Can someone please tell me what all you need to complete the 30 Day Shred? I know you need weights...but is that it? And normally, do you need more than 1 specific weight?? Anything else? Let me know! THANKS!! :)

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a lot of sweat bands. LOL But seriously, you just need some hand weights. Good luck!
  • amyrenee79
    Options
    The weights are really all you need. 3 or 5 pound hand weights will work fine, or heavier if you want, just be careful. :) It is an AWESOME workout, and you will see a difference as you go along the 30 days. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shred! :) Good luck!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be working out on a hard surface I would suggest getting a mat too.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nothing--my roommate does it sans weights and it still kicks her *kitten*! I used 3lb hand weights my first 2 times around and it still worked my butt!
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I thing I'm going to try it soon.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would recommed weights anywhere from 3-8lbs, and a yoga mat!
  • WishComeTru
    WishComeTru Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time last night... UGH!!! I only need handweights, but mine were too heavy that I had. Now I have a major sore knot in my shoulder & neck area. How the heck am I supposed to try it again? I don't want to hurt myself more.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shred and The Jillian Michaels for beginners today. I was going ot start it but i could not find the cables for my DVD player. I have not used it yet. i was going to buy some weights while I was at it but I was not sure which ones to start out with. I will stop off tomorrow maybe and pick up new cables and the weights at walmart before I come home. My dog should be at her her Doggie boot camp tomorrow.... yayyy.....
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time last night... UGH!!! I only need handweights, but mine were too heavy that I had. Now I have a major sore knot in my shoulder & neck area. How the heck am I supposed to try it again? I don't want to hurt myself more.

Don't quit! Don't use weights for a couple days until you feel better. I started 30 DS last night too. I used 3lb weights which weren't so bad, but I even put them down during one of the sessions!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Use proper handweights, not packets of juice like I did! It was ok to begin with, but you need to put weight on them at level 3, which I couldn't do with juice packs!

If you have a slippery floor you may need a way round that too.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, just got the 3 lb handweights today along with the cables for the dvd player and it works. i am going to try it either tomorrow or Sunday. I can't wait to start it. I am debating whether or not I should start the beginner one first and then move to the 30 day shred or just go right into the 30 day shred. What do you guys think?