HELP: Feeling awful, not sure why.

Options
I'm a really heavy guy at 440, I've been eating KetoChow roughly 1200-1800 cals for the past couple few weeks minus a few solid meals here and there. It seem like everytime I eat or as the day wears on I feel progressively worse, almost hypoglycemic: Slurred speech, blurry vision, clumsiness, balance is off, can't think, numbness.

I've check my glucose levels and it's 67-80, when I start feeling bad. Normally my fasting blood sugar level is/was in the 90/100, and I usually feel fine in the morning.

I'm not sure what to do, I know if i go back to eating 3k-4k of calories the symptoms disappear at least for a while. I'm tired of being huge and won't go back to eating that much, but at the same time I'm not sure how much of this feeling I can take, it feels like I'm circling a drain. What the hell is wrong with me.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat to the calorie goal MFP gave you. 1500 is the minimum you should be hitting, and at your size you can lose eating much more than that.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Guys generally need to eat more. Think 3-4k would be best or even more but I wouldaim for 2k and see if that helps. Also drink more water if you haven't been. Possibly see a doctor too
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Is 1200-1800 your total calorie intake or just the special food intake? I think you need to eat more but I also think you should see your doctor.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need more calories. If you eat the right food, you can eat more and still lose weight without feeling bad. Try eating a salad or healthy soup with your meal. pile on more veggies. Maybe have a protein shake for a snack. hummus with carrots is a good snack. Be patient, you can do this. Just do it in a healthy way.
  • hannahkingfitness
    hannahkingfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You need to speak to your doctor. I was eating at 1200-1500 as a 140 pound young woman and I was losing 0.5-1 pound a week so you can eat more than you are allowing yourself too and it sounds like you really need to.

Also make sure you don't skip meals and snack between meals.. Especially around the 3pm mark(make it healthy though)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    I'm a really heavy guy at 440, I've been eating KetoChow roughly 1200-1800 cals for the past couple few weeks minus a few solid meals here and there. It seem like everytime I eat or as the day wears on I feel progressively worse, almost hypoglycemic: Slurred speech, blurry vision, clumsiness, balance is off, can't think, numbness.

I've check my glucose levels and it's 67-80, when I start feeling bad. Normally my fasting blood sugar level is/was in the 90/100, and I usually feel fine in the morning.

I'm not sure what to do, I know if i go back to eating 3k-4k of calories the symptoms disappear at least for a while. I'm tired of being huge and won't go back to eating that much, but at the same time I'm not sure how much of this feeling I can take, it feels like I'm circling a drain. What the hell is wrong with me.

First, I think you should speak to a Dr. get tested for diabetes and hypoglycaemia and things like that ... just to be on the safe side. Then get a recommendation for a good nutritionist.

But I also think that there should be a happy medium for you between 1800 cal and 3000 cal.

Have you entered your stats into MFP and set yourself as sedentary? Have you entered your goal weight loss/week to be anywhere from 1-2 lbs?

When you do that, what does MFP suggest for calories?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to your doctor about this.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Try 2200-2500 for now. Consider seeing a doctor if it continues.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why are you getting almost all of your nutrition from KetoChow? If this isn't Dr. recommended, I'd stop all that! You definitely shouldn't have these side effects. Go see your doc and eat more calories. And don't you tell me "no," I'm a momma! (Just worried about you)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That happens to me when I don't eat enough. Agree about doctor visit but you need more food. There is a middle ground between 1200 and 3-4k.

I'm 5'3" and 135 and lose on 1800 so you can surely eat more and lose :) hope you feel better!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You need to talk to your doctor about this.

This. Your symptoms sound serious, and at your weight you can't afford to take chances. Be safe and see the doctor before you continue with this.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Yeah talk to a doctor and till you see a doctor eat more, even maintence.

Sounds like your severely under eating.

No idea what ketochow is. Maybe eat real food till you see a doctor

That is my unqualified opinion.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Echoes - see your doctor. And eat more. I don't know what "keto chow" is but it may not be good for you.