Best balance of fat, carbs and protein

Options
Newbie here! Does anyone know the best balance for percentage of fat, carbs and proteins you should eat each day? I am a 34 yr old female looking to lose 20-25 lbs! I think I set unrealistic goals because I have been going over on everything even though I have been really watching what I eat!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What are they set to? I do high protein .8 grams per pound of body weight, .35 grams for fat, and the rest in carbs. I've also seen .8 grams of protein per pound of lean mass recommended as well.
  • jmayhanna
    jmayhanna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that would be 148g of protein for me! Not sure if I could even do that! Lol
  • Simply_4_me
    Simply_4_me Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On MFP nutrients under Macros I have mine set at 40% protein, 30% carbs & 30% fat; suggested by the personal trainer at my gym...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There's going to be a pretty wide margin of variance from person to person especially as it pertains to distribution of calories between carbs and fats.

Protein is generally very satiating and while there's also a fair window of room there, I'd make a very general recommendation to consume a moderate amount.

Somewhere in a range of 1g/lb goal weight up to about 1g/lb bodyweight with obese people likely getting away with less.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

jmayhanna wrote: »
    Wow that would be 148g of protein for me! Not sure if I could even do that! Lol

I got 133 grams today in 1296 calories. You can browse my diary if you need ideas.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My dietician advised me on my dinner plate which is smaller than the usual plate and consists of half veg, 1/4 carbs, 1/4 meat with a small amount of fat, probably around 1/2 a teaspoon of oil/butter for cooking the meat or salad dressing (olive oil or mayo) so I try to stick to this and counting my cals in here. Havent got the time to take note of too many numbers.