Already hungry

Options
Hey all! Just started the site today- heard about it from a friend who has lost 37 pounds & am very inspired. (Way to go Lauren!)

Any advice to curb the "just starting hunger"?:smile:

Replies

• adiezinn
    adiezinn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just started the site today- heard about it from a friend who has lost 37 pounds & am very inspired. (Way to go Lauren!)

Any advice to curb the "just starting hunger"?:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    00020121.gif

Water and protien. Start your day with water and make sure each meal has some protien.

Once I got the fast food out of my system, I set up my meals for

8 am 200-300 for breakfast...eggs, high fiber english muffin, apples
    11 am 100-200 snack
    2 pm 300-500 cals salad with chick breast,
    4-5 200 cals 1 oz low fat cheese, 6 triscuits
    dinner 3-4 oz protein, small baked pot, big serving of veggies 400-500

if i have cals left over I eat a snack. I like to work out so I have 1500 cals a day..

good luck!
  • Michelle09
    Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, space your meals out throughout the day, and eat foods that are higher in fiber to keep you fuller longer...anyway, those are some things that work for me. Good luck, you can do it!
  • Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    Adie! I'm so happy you joined, you're going to LOVE it! I'll see you next week and we'll talk all about it. If you'll be anything like me it's the only thing I can talk about anymore since it's worked so well.

Miss you!

-L
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lauren thats why we are on here ALL the time....cuz our friends and families dont wanna hear it anymore!!! (but they love the new ME!!):flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Eat lower calorie foods that have a lot of volume so you can eat more while keeping the calories down.

Fruit is a good choice.... think about watermelon! A huge wedge of watermelon has less than 100 calories. A large (half pound) apple or pear only have about 115 calories - or you can eat 2 navel oranges for that same 115 calories!

Fruit can help keep your sugar cravings in check too - and is pretty much fat free.

And of course there's veggies.... you can have 2 cups of spaghetti squash for less than 100 calories (YUM!) or 3 cups of steamed broccoli (spray with a bit of butter spray if you desire) or maybe a big salad with multiple raw veggies can be pretty satisfying too (topped with vinegar, lemon or a "light" dressing of your choice)

You can go the "soup" route too.... a bowl of tomato soup has only about 100 calories, and anything with a clear base (chicken noodle, beef vegetable, chicken rice or corn, minestrone, etc) all are typically less than 100 calories for an 8 ounce bowl.

Just a few ideas here :smile:

Of course, there is no way for me to know what your eating style has been - but generally speaking, people are often overweight not necessarily because they eat too much food, but because they eat the wrong kinds of foods! Once you work out what you should be eating, you'll have a much easier time of it. In fact, I repeatedly hear people complain that they have trouble eating all the food they need to eat to meet their daily calorie goal!!! :noway:

(unfortunately, I am not one of those people) :laugh:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    First of all WELCOME!!! :flowerforyou: When I get really hungry and its not quite time to eat, or I'm too close to my cals for the day, I grab a 16oz water bottle and a South Beach (high in fiber) packet...they come in really yummy flavors and usually by the time I am done drinking the whole water, I'm not hungry anymore. There is only 5 cals in them, pretty sure there is no sugar or sodium, and they taste so good, I'll also have one when I crave something sweet. Good luck to you, you can do it.
  • creddish
    Options
    I just started today too. I'm just hungry all the time. I think it comes from being bored. Not sure how to avoid eating all the junk food before bed.
  • keeleysn
    keeleysn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat from boredom too, I was put on bedrest the last 2 months of my pregnancy and all I did was lay around and eat and now the baby is here and I scarf my food down or eat in the middle of the night when I am fixing bottles! I know how you feel!