Sneakers while working out?

Options
This may be a silly question, but for anybody who does at home/DVD workouts at home.. do you wear sneakers while working out? I don't typically and worry that it may cause issues with my joints or something later. Any advise/insight appreciated! :)

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Some workouts might nees it
    I generally like doing it barefoot
    think it also depends on the flooring/carpet you have...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Proper foot support always seems like a good idea to me.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I've read someone on here saying she got knee pain during her second round of Insanity because unlike the first round she wasn't wearing shoes..
    So especially if there is jumping involved I would wear shoes.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I actually found less foot pain the second time when I did Insanity barefoot. Running shoes/cross trainers hurt my feet when jumping. When I moved on to KB workouts I also preferred to do it in bare feet.

Now I go to the gym i have to wear shoes but have minimalist trainers to mimic the correct movement of my feet as I find I get less pain that way. I don't think you risk massive harm PROVIDING you have no current issues and aren't very overweight and therefore putting lots of additional stress on your joints.

As someone else said too, it will depend on the flooring. Carpet - definitely fine. Hard floor, use the criteria above :)

Oh, and if it is Insanity or T25 etc you're doing, Shaun T does it barefoot himself when not in the videos:

http://shauntfitness.com/insanity-shoes/
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have one instructor in a class I go to who believes barefoot is best and I wear ballet slippers in ballet class rather than sneaks. I think it depends on what you are doing.