Scale addiction....

Options
mauck7
mauck7 Posts: 74
OK... I hit a plateau and decided not to weigh myself for a week. I have continued to eat well (for the most part) and still tell Jillian Michaels off at least 5 days a week.
This morning after my workout, I just HAD to weigh myself. After all, I walked by the hall bathroom a good 15 times already. I got a bigger urge every time I passed the the door. So I broke down, flung the door open, and jumped on the scale. As the scale turned on I started to feel bad.... because I told myself I would wait a week to weigh (it had only been 3 days) I got on the scale...... Dum dum dummmmm..

I'm down 1.8lbs !!!!!! And I measured to avoid the scale 3 days ago and I've lost 2 1/2 inches...

Yes, I have no will power but I am so much better off not stressing about the plateau. Now, I can keep on keeping on, knowing I'm still losing and Im doing everything right!!!!

I couldn't do it without this site (and the great support from my husband)!!!!

I love this site!!! It's so motivational. Thanks to all MFP's!!!!

Have a great day, you all deserve it!

Replies

• hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm proud you held out for so long- I have to force myself to not weigh in each morning and then don't let myself log the new weight until my official day- great job on the loss!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Yay!!!!!

Im a scale addict too. And when i want to weigh in and i know i shouldnt i measure too lol. Glad im not the only one. :happy:
    Keep it up!!!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I totally have the same addiction! hey...you made it 3 days :) my problem is i'll stand on it and if i lost it's kind of like i lose a bit of my resolve and slack a little...t.hen by official weigh in day i'm the same or not as low .. .anyway, it's annoying.

I get the addiction :)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am a "scale *kitten*" I can admitt it!! Admitting something is half the battle!...LOL...Congrats on the weight loss!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    UGH, the first time around I did this, I literally used the thing every time I went to the bathroom. It drove me crazy, just sitting there mocking me. :grumble: It's hidden now and this time around, I've told myself I'm only going to step on it ONCE a week! I've only used it once for my starting weight, since I started this week on Monday. :laugh:
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    haha, I like the above "scale *kitten*".... i am too! it's so depressing when you work hard and for some unknown reason you go up a pound. so many factors go into a woman's weight. my boyfriend went down TEN POUNDS just by running an extra mile a day! i hop on the scale after him and i'm the same, what gives?

anyway, so glad to see you broke your addiction to weighing yourself-- looks like it paid off! keep up the awesome work!
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm so gald that I am not the only one!!!! I had to put it away if I can't see it I am less tempted.:huh: I was weighing 3-4 times a day
  • baumhoff
    baumhoff Posts: 30
    Options
    good for you!!! I am also a self-proclaimed scale-*kitten* (I just love that phrase!!). I have gotten myself to weigh ONLY once a day....and NOT after every meal or exercise etc...... :) I'm glad that you keep Jillian in her place!!! HAHAHA!
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Options
    "scale *kitten*" ha! I feel like I should wash my mouth out with soap after saying that. That's hilarious.