Measuring servings to count calories?

Options
I'm really trying to crack down on my weight-loss and I am finding it hard to know my serving size that I am eating of something. For instance, 1 cup of chips. How do yall measure this out? Or a soup. Is it as simple as putting them in a 1cup dry measuring cup? Thank in advance for any and all help here. Sorry if this is a repost question I missed somewhere else.

Replies

• buckmaster299
    buckmaster299 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Idk why I didn't think of this before. Lol. I have a digital scale I'll try out this week. Thanks for the input and help.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yep, just weigh everything. Don't forget to log oil and use the raw weight of meat. For liquids I use 1ml=1g which is true for water, obviously some liquids are more dense than this but wine, spirits, milk etc won't be too much different and better than just guessing from a jug I find.
  • kirstym1108
    kirstym1108 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've got a scale that measures ml as well as g and oz.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to crack down on my weight-loss and I am finding it hard to know my serving size that I am eating of something. For instance, 1 cup of chips. How do yall measure this out? Or a soup. Is it as simple as putting them in a 1cup dry measuring cup? Thank in advance for any and all help here. Sorry if this is a repost question I missed somewhere else.

I use to struggle with this too. How much lettuce is really a cup. I found my self counting out my chips inspecting them to make sure they were whole.

My struggles were gone when I bought a digital scale that measures both in ounces and grams. It can switch between ounces and grams with out starting over, and has a platform that can hold a dinner plate It only costs about 50 dollars and saved me much time and peace of mind.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've got a scale that measures ml as well as g and oz.

Me too. Except that when you switch the setting it is just measuring 1g as 1ml so unless it allows you to specify a liquid I just find it easier to use the gram measurement.