Look good naked!

Options
hi everyone!! I am in my weight loss journey and have lost around 30 pounds in 5 months( F, 5'9, 160lbs) . I weight train 4 times and week and run twice a week. I am about 10 pounds away from my goal weight but have a problem...

I just don't think I look good without clothes on!!! lol I know weight training is supposed to help define the body more, but even with the weight training.. I don't notice in a different ( unless its an extremely slow transition) Not really looking for advice because I know I just have to keep at it... ( unless you think there is something I can do more) But has anyone experienced this and when did it all start coming together after your initial weight loss. I am happy I lost all this weight, but just kinda discouraging with not seeing the results that I want yet.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a progressive lifting program?
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, and recognise that what you think your body looks like is probably a lot worse than what it actually looks like. I know that I have always been my worst critic and don't notice the changes unlike others (like my husband).
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Does "anyone " really look THAT good naked?
    I think everyone will criticise some part of their body when looking in the mirror.
    Even Slim Movie Actors are the first ones to say they don't really look like how they look in Films.
    I've always thought i looked better in underwear or clothes anyway....regardless of how Slim & Toned i am.
    But just keep doing what you're doing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

This
    I think everyone will criticise some part of their body when looking in the mirror.
    Even Slim Movie Actors are the first ones to say they don't really look like how they look in Films.
    I've always thought i looked better in underwear or clothes anyway....regardless of how Slim & Toned i am.

I look great naked

Body confidence rocks
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Five months? What did you expect, exactly?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options

Great point and so true. :)
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I think that I look pretty good naked, not perfect and not up to media beauty standards but still damn good. It has taken me years to like myself this much and I still have down days.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Odds are good that eventually, you'll like what you see. :)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

This

I look great naked

Body confidence rocks

That's great!
    Don't get me wrong, i don't think i look terrible naked, but i just think i look better in underwear or clothes.
    In fact, i think people in general look better in underwear or clothes rather than seeing them naked (for e.g, if watching them on a Movie doing a love scene or something i think "just keep your clothes ON for god's sake" ).
    Maybe i'm just not a fan of nakedness. Lol
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

I look great naked, thanks. I love my body.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to gain a lot of muscle in 5 months while losing weight. You'll likely see more results once you switch to maintenance.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I look great naked. Love my body confidence. *shrug*
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Only 2 people get to see me naked. One thinks I look great. The other goes back and forth because she tends to be moody and fickle when it comes to her own body. One day it's great, the next it's horrible. No pleasing her.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I think I look better naked than clothed. Or maybe I need better clothes!

OP, what is your lifting program like?
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Only 2 people get to see me naked. One thinks I look great. The other goes back and forth because she tends to be moody and fickle when it comes to her own body. One day it's great, the next it's horrible. No pleasing her.

Ha!

I think that is closer to true...

My gf says I look great, and I believe I do to her.

Anyone else I don't care that much. I look decent. After that it is just personal preference.

I feel I look at home in a loose t shirt or skin tight bike riding jersey.

Being comfortable in my own skin is what matters to me.