Only lost inches from my waist.

Options
I'm female, 5'3", currently 127.5lbs. I've lost about 10.5lbs in 10-11 weeks and the only place I seem to have lost weight from is my waist. I've gone from a 28-29 inch waist to a 26.5 inch waist but my measurements everywhere else seem to be the same. I feel like I'm going to end up with a crazy looking figure since my hips are 37-38 inches!

I know you can't decide where you lose the weight from but has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    mine is disappearing from just my legs - i have massive arm and belly fat but nooo it decides to go from my legs first!!! very annoying :)
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm in a similar boat. I've gone from 29in waist to 27in, but my hips are still the same at 41in!

Although for me at least it's a good thing as I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new clothes till I dropped a dress size, so I'm saving a lot of ££ at the moment!

(Also you're probably loosing it from places you can't/don't measure. Like I know my wrists are smaller because I'm down a notch on my fitbit.)
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I want to lose it from my upper arms so badly! But no, it doesn't seem to budge from there.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's like drying out a sponge ...you can't choose where it comes off and your arms might be last

And are you kidding me ...hip to waist ratio is the best ...hourglass
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i'm on my 13th week, and I lost the most inches in the first 8 weeks or so. they've barely budged since, though my weight is still dropping at a consistent rate. Also this time around i'm dropping massive inches from my chest (4 pretty quickly, 5 all together) usually when I lose weight that's the last place to let go. I went from 35 to 31 in my waist pretty quickly, then no movement for the last month. At the same time i'm losing from my hips, but slowly, so now I have this bizarre 39/31/46 shape going on, which my husband LOVES by the way lol. You rock that hour glass girl.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to pretty much complain where fat comes off their body. They want it here and not here. Reality is that your genetics are your genetics. You're pretty much unique and while it may not be one's desire, fat loss will be dictated on how your body deems it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would be jumping for joy :) My midsection is the last to lose. I will literally look really fit all over and have a belly...it's great when you've worked really hard and people ask you if you are pregnant!