anyone been on that diet where u cheat once a week?

Options
i've heard about this diet where u have 1 "cheat day" a week and eat whatever you want. the rest of the week stays strict on diet and exercise. has anyone tried this and does it work?

thanks yall!

Replies

• katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I typically have 2 cheat 'meals' a week. Not whole days! For instance...my bf wants to go out for breakfast, ok, then the rest of the day I eat healthy. Or Im meeting friends for shopping and lunch I make sure dinner and breakfast are good!
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    Read this blog, he has lost about 30 lbs so far and he says to be sucessful to have one cheat day or free day per week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/secostley/view/pictures-of-what-a-30-pound-loss-looks-like-109593
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yup. and i haven't seen it hurt anything one bit.
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    wow thanks that's inspiring! ya i think 1 meal a week is a good idea
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Doing it now - 45lbs down!

I have a cheat meal once a week (usually on a Saturday night) and will typically consume about 1000 cals in one sitting. The trick is to keep yourself absolutely on point otherwise - I have a 7 day plan for cals which is: low, low, low, low, med, high, med. I always lose the most weight between Thursday (the end of the low days) and Saturday (the high day). I find it stops any starvation mode nonsense and keeps my body guessing - a straight diet with no cheats has never worked this well for me and I found I was far more prone to cheat. Knowing I have one opportunity to cheat a week means that any desires I get I can add on to the list (I saw an AWESOME chocolate cake this week and a slice will be mine on Saturday mwa-ha-ha!)...
  • jennamom
    jennamom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Read the Body Sculpting Bible (for Women). You can have a cheat meal. Great program. I was looking fabulous with their workouts and diet before I got preggers.

If you wanna lose some serious weight and are one that gets side-tracked easily, definately don't cheat a whole day of meals.

Good luck!
  • Hopie17
    Options
    thanks guys! :)
  • rowdymcrowdy
    Options
    I was on the diet where you cheated 6 days and then dieted one day a week---boy did I have that backasswards. I guess thats why I am in the shape I am in!!! Good luck with that--I got to work it every day and exercise everyday or I will fall down again.
  • francinecowart
    Options
    ever been on that "seafood diet"? see food and eat it?.......good luck everyone:)
  • francinecowart
    Options
    ever been on that "seafood diet"? see food and eat it?.......good luck everyone:)
  • francinecowart
    Options
    oops didn't mean to post twice...lol
  • Hopie17
    Options
    lol yes i was on the seafood diet for tooooo long
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I do! Although I don't seem to crave the really awful stuff like I used to. Still, I try to have one day a week where my calories are pretty high, then drop them right back down the next day. In fact, I'm about to start a program where you fast the day after your cheat day. Apparently, it can do great things for your weight loss, including breaking plateaus.