Is good balanceof classes....

Options
Hi Everyone

Not posted for a while, just been lurking! But after joining the gym in Jan, trying SL 5x5 on my own, trying the strongcurves on my own, I decided that I much prefer Classes as opposed to working out on my own. Classes motivate me more and I do thoroughly enjoy them but wanted to check if I had a good balance of cardio and strength through my classes. My main goal at the minute is to lose weight which I know will be done through a calorie deficit which I am on, well kind of, recently got married and back from honeymoon last week so its a bit hard getting back into it. The classes I do are as follows:

Monday - 30 Min Bodycombat
Tuesday - 30 Min Spinning
Weds - I alternate each week between a 45 min bodypump class or a 30 Min GRIT class
Thursday - 30 Mins Kettlebells
Friday - 45 Min Spinning

I love them all and really enjoy going to them.

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    When do you rest? They are all awesome classes and if you like them, then I don't see an issue.
    If you are overworking yourself then you may need a rest day. But go for it! An awesome mix of cardio and strength.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    All great classes.
    Personally I would see if it is possible to switch tuesday and wednesday so that you are not doing weight training two days in a row.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey, I rest at the weekend and if I feel I need to rest in the week then I will skip a class, I do tend to listen to my body, I can only fit the gym in at lunch times you see and I love going to the classes...