Heart Rate Monitors

Options
So I've been researching heart rate monitors for a while now and still am not sure what I want to get. My main goal out of it is to know more accurately how many calories I'm burning. Any advice is more than welcome! Thanks!

Also, I know people say polar is the best. To me, I'm not sure if it is worth the money and the battery replacement seems annoying so I don't know if thats the best option??

Replies

• BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im also having trouble deciding which one to get.... I don't want to spend that much money either...I heard that the new balance h4 (i think that's what its called) is a good one...
    im interested in seeing which ones others suggest!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have a polar, and the battery replacement is annoying, but it is really fast. I just did it, and the turn around time was about 3 days. It surprised me. I've had my monitor for 7 years and have never had any problems. I used it daily for the first 5 years, then my son was born and all bets were off. I started up with it again recently, and that's when I replaced the battery.
  • skyenewlin
    skyenewlin Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Polar is the best and it is worth the money. Get the new solft strap for your chest, it works great.
  • iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    Is there a specific Polar one you guys recommend?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7. I've used it twice and am pretty happy with it! The chest strap is comfy and the functions are very easy to use. My only problem is that it says I've burned less calories than the machines do at the gym so I was a bit disappointed - but now know that I have to work harder than I thought to reach my goals. Probably also explains why I haven't lost as much as I thought I would as I've been eating back most of my exercise cals (and have now found out that I didn't earn them in the first place!)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 & love it! Have had it for a good year now & haven't had to replace any batteries yet **knock on wood**. I use it nearly every day. Definitely get one w/ a chest strap as they seem to be more accurate.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    So I'm getting ready to order directly from the polar site. Does the F4 or F6 automatically come with a chest strap or not?