What keeps you motivated?

Options
Hey guys! I just wanted to know what keeps you going? Whether it is to look hot in a dress or be stronger and more confident! Let's share and maybe we can motivate others as well!
Lots of love from Jess

Replies

• escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is living a long healthy life to be around my kids for many years! Also, that some day I can walk in a store and buy something off the rack without having to try it on and disappoint myself :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Success from last week gives confidence and motivation for this week

Being able to do so much more !

Doing my first sprint triathlon!

Having my gf in lust with my body feels kind of nice too.

It is a long journey, the closer you get to your goal the tougher it gets...

But the sweeter the rewards.

Hang in there and get to your goal.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Af first one may simply want to change, to make a small transform. Lose 10 lbs say. Once you begin to see changes, you get excited, which makes you explore other paths to getting healthier, stronger, faster.

Diet, supplements, training variety...group activities, music selections..as in ones that you can work out to. Before you know it, its a life style. You begin surrounding yourself with like mind people. Instead of going out drinking on Friday nights, you meet people early on Saturday mornings to go run with. You book vacations that include swimming with sharks, jumping off waterfalls, black water rafting...why...simply because you can. Your body has now exceeded anyone you know and you can lift things or run father and farther than you thought were possible for just about anyone..let alone you.

You have now totally transformed, you have become more than what you ever dreamed possible...and to think its even possible that you'd wake from the dream and become simply "normal" again, scares the S&*T out of you.

Ya..that's what motivates me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Motivated to exercise?

I can't imagine not being motivated to exercise. It's what I do. It's what I've been doing since ... I can't remember when, I've pretty much always been active. It's part of who I am.

If I can't exercise as much as I would like, I get restless and down.

Right now I'm a little bit restless and down because the last couple weeks have been really busy and although I have been exercising, I haven't been doing as much as I would like to do. I'm listening to the waves at the beach right now, wishing I could be out there walking (but it is really late and cold and I do need to go to bed, now that I've finished today's homework).

As for dietary motivation ... I just want to get back to the weight I was when I was doing the most cycling ... to make cycling easier. Plus right now, I live in a very hilly area, and the lighter I am, the easier it is to get up the hills.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Remembering what it felt like to be in very healthy

Being able to climb Mt Elbert
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    new goals.
    new goals as of now: learn silks and run 60 min without stopping
  • flyygal
    flyygal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Being around to see my grand kids is my greatest motivation. I have a family history of high blood pressure and diabetes so exercising and eating healthy is a lifestyle.

Plus I love how I look in clothes, I've been the same size 10 years and 2 kids later :-)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Being able to climb Mt Elbert

I've got a mountain here ... Mt Wellington ... I want to be able to cycle up. When it comes to cycling, I am not a climber. But as I have been losing weight, climbing is getting marginally easier.

So maybe one day this coming summer, I might actually get up there. :grin:

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Results
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Being healthy again

Running a marathon

Wearing my beautiful size 6 wardrobe again

Setting a good example for my children
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That one day I won't feel disgust when I look in the mirror.