40 & ready to be fabulous

Options
So, I decided that I can't say that I am fat because I just had a baby...she's 13 now (smile). I'm actually a Mom of 4 teenagers and I work full-time and up until last year, was going to school part time. I turned 40 and decided that I needed to do something about my weight. I've been going to the gym since January and hae lost 20 pounds, so am very excited, to continue and to join this new group.

Replies

• francinecowart
    Options
    awsome!! and love the statement!!
  • hangelgirl
    hangelgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too...
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    40 is right around the corner for me...one month from today. I am already more fit now than I have been in about 5 years, but I want to be fit, not just fit for 40. This is a journey you will find many of us on and will gain so much support. Good luck and I hope you meet your goals.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I have to admit to being over 40 now, since my 7yr old realized I am no longer 28 ;)
    Welcome, you will love it here! Feel free to friend me.

Mary
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 two days ago and I too am ready to be fabulous! I've been working at it hard since Jauary and have lost 40 lbs. I still have 52 lbs to go but I CAN and WILL do it and so will you! This is the year for fabulous forty year olds so let's keep it going!!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm with all you fabulous girls... I'm 39 and am going to be fabulous before I'm 40!!!! In fact, I'm running my first half marathon this September, and if all goes as planned, another just after I turn 40 and then a 25k (15.5 miles) a couple weeks after that!!!!!

I'm unstoppable... and 40 is going to be fabulous!!!!
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here's to 40! I am tackling it in 12 days (I still don't believe I'm 20 :noway: )! I was hoping to be under 140 by 40, but I have about 7 more pounds to lose. It's going to happen by then, but it WILL happen sooner or later.

Nikstergirl, my sister ran her first 1/2 marathon when she was 40...I'm still thinking about it. She is 46 and just ran her personal best!

:drinker: Cheers to all of us :drinker:
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I started running last year when I turned 40 in March and ran my first half marthon that September. It was time to feel good about myself and do something that was for me. I was tired of feeling blah, and being single and feeling blah didn't help. Now I'm working on some big goals and don't care that I'm single anymore. I'm having a fun and getting fit. It's MY turn now! I have big plans this year, and I'm running all the way through them.