Switching Scales

Options
I just bought a digital scale b/c the tiny tick-marks on the analog one were so hard to read. But a dilemma arose: They're about 5lbs different! I've weighed myself with both scales, one immediately after the other, many times over the last few days, and the digital one is approximately 4-5lbs heavier every time.

Should I just assume the digital one is correct? (I don't want to, 'cause that means I'm 5lbs heavier! :tongue: but I would think that since it's digital and NEW it would be the more accurate of the two) Is there some way to make sure one or the other is the "correct" one? Ie, how should I try to calibrate whichever one is wrong? (or both, if they're both a little off)

Thanks for the help! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I just bought a digital scale b/c the tiny tick-marks on the analog one were so hard to read. But a dilemma arose: They're about 5lbs different! I've weighed myself with both scales, one immediately after the other, many times over the last few days, and the digital one is approximately 4-5lbs heavier every time.

Should I just assume the digital one is correct? (I don't want to, 'cause that means I'm 5lbs heavier! :tongue: but I would think that since it's digital and NEW it would be the more accurate of the two) Is there some way to make sure one or the other is the "correct" one? Ie, how should I try to calibrate whichever one is wrong? (or both, if they're both a little off)

Thanks for the help! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    either way, you lost 7 pounds!! woo hoo!!

I would adjust it only in my head....My ticker is my motivation!

:flowerforyou:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Lol, actually, I've lost 9, but I haven't updated my ticker b/c the scales have confused me!! :noway:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    If you have weights to work out with... weigh yourself without them and then with them. If you are using a 10lb weight and the scale is 10lb different then you know if works if not then ditch it. ??? Hopefully this with help...:smile:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I check my digital periodically with a 10 lb weight... If you don't have that... take a 5 or 10 lb bag of sugar or flour and check it. If you use the same one over and over it will show the weight loss... even it it is not your correct weight - or check it against your Dr's scale and set it.