Working with your hands

Options
I bought a Fitbit yesterday even though I suspected it would count all the arm movements as steps. The gals I work with assured me that it didn't, and reviews I read were contradictory. But I tried it, and it does. As I work in laundry, I fold clothes all day long. I am wondering if I could put it in my pocket at work and have it count my steps instead? I walk and am on my feet all day and am curious if will will track that... Any tips or tricks?

Replies

• Justing1516
    Justing1516 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good questions I'm curious to know myself! I'm getting one as well ! I know that when you walk the dog and holding the leash in the hand the Fitbit is on it won't count your steps! I'm getting the Fitbit hr
  • digimom99
    digimom99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest not getting the flex.. Get the next one up or whatever. I'm seriously regretting my choice..
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR, and I have never noticed that it counts arm movements without actual forward/backward movement of my body (i.e. I can jog in place for ages w/o it ever giving me a step).
  • Justing1516
    Justing1516 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well I really hope I'm not disappointed especially at $150! Im getting the charge HR ! I guess that a step up from the flex
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't get credit for the recumbent bicycle. A poster here suggested I clip my fitbit zip to my ankle.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    digimom99 wrote: »
    I bought a Fitbit yesterday even though I suspected it would count all the arm movements as steps. The gals I work with assured me that it didn't, and reviews I read were contradictory. But I tried it, and it does. As I work in laundry, I fold clothes all day long. I am wondering if I could put it in my pocket at work and have it count my steps instead? I walk and am on my feet all day and am curious if will will track that... Any tips or tricks?

Have you tried wearing it in your non-dominant wrist and telling the Fitbit app that it is on the dominant wrist? I know some folks who have had problems with "noise" do that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This is why I have the FitBit One. I just don't understand how anything on your arm can be accurate.
  • digimom99
    digimom99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did slide the thing to dominant hand . It's definitely not counting every movement as a step. Though not sure it's counting all the steps.. But basically I'm going for 10,000 a day, a few to little, or a few too many. I'll live..

I was gonna get the fit bit one. I was afraid I'd lose it, it's tiny, however I also wanted the sleep tracking and I thought the flex had a heart monitor but it doesn't..