I'm new with 122 pounds to lose

Options
My name is Christy and I currently weigh 322 and wanting to weigh 200 by my 30th birthday in August! I don't eat vegetables and I have a 4 year old and an overweight husband with the same poor eating habits. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for any support!
118961.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• creddish
    Options
    My name is Christy and I currently weigh 322 and wanting to weigh 200 by my 30th birthday in August! I don't eat vegetables and I have a 4 year old and an overweight husband with the same poor eating habits. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for any support!
    118961.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! There are a lot of members who have lost a lot of weight. You will see them as you look through the message boards. They are truly inspirational. So glad you are here!

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • tamonthego
    Options
    Welcome....I am new today also. My biggest problem is cravings and emotional eating. I would say to make exercise a priority in your life. Fit it into your day just like work. For me it works better first thing in the am. I started at the Y and that works for me. It's a daily struggle and I know that will be the hardest. So, let's do this together::))))
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: I agree that you've come to a great place! The fact that you've joined is a great first step! Good luck with your weight-loss and all your goals in life! :heart:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I sent you a friend request and since you and I have about the same amount of weight to lose I'd love to be an accountability partner and friend for you through this journey. I just want to mention though that you may not be able to lose 122 pounds by August. MFP will only let you lost a maximum of 2 pounds per week, which is a doable and healthy loss that will be gradual and therefore easier to maintain once you get to your goal. I am not saying that the goal you have set is impossible, as I don't really believe in that word, and I'm certainly not saying this to discourage you, and please don't take it that way...I just want you to make sure that you set yourself up for success by setting attainable goals. Best wishes to you in this journey! Believe in yourself, and you WILL lose that weight! It might just take a little longer than you'd like, but in the end, you will be able to keep it off!

:heart: Laura
  • creddish
    Options
    Thank you very much. I know it's a huge goal and highly unlikely, but it is my overall goal. Thanks for your support!
  • jessbblonde
    jessbblonde Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weight about the same and am the same age too with a 5 yr old. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week and set up a huge chart in my bathroom charting how much I weight everyday and what I did for exercise and How many calories I took in. I just started today. I want to have another baby and I know It's not a healthy time for me so I'm going to try to lose weight and try for the baby at the same time. I wish you the best and Hope that your birthday is best. I haven't set a long term goal for my self yet. that's just a little scary for me. I'm just going to take it a week at a time
    .10501.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and you CAN DO THIS - and shoot for the most you can do by August, while at the same time making realistic goals. Your husband will benefit from your healthier eating habits, as will your son.

Good luck, stick with it, and we will help celebrate your successes! Just think, you could easily be 100 lbs lighter by this time next year!
    :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I know it's a huge goal and highly unlikely, but it is my overall goal. Thanks for your support!

Hey, having it as an overall goal and working toward that by a deadline is great! You will get it off, and it's okay if it takes a little longer! When I first started I had 190 pounds to lose and it was so daunting...but pound by pound, and inch by inch, it's coming off, and before long I'll have less than 100 pounds to go...
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    welcome :smile: Good luck on your goals. But do one thing drink all your water. That does help. I drink a glass before I eat and that helps fill me up. When I think I'm hungry I also drink water first before I eat anything. If you don't like veggies eat fruit. I don't like all veggies but I like some so that isn't so hard for me. A lot of great people on this sight :happy: Just read the posts and you will learn a lot I have. :happy:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I also have about the same amount to lose as you. My goal is to be 150 but my main goal right now is to hit 200 by Sept when we go to Disney for a week. I started out at 297 and am down to 264. My weight loss has slowed right now and if yours does just dont give up. This has been an amazing site for me. Yes it does help with eating but honestly this site makes me want to exercise more. There is just something good about putting in my exercise on here and seeing my calories go up that I get to eat. I hated exercising before and now I love it. I hope that we can lose this together.

Connie
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    We're happy to have you hear!! Start off slow!! Set small goals, like say that you want to lose 5 lbs, then set another goal, followed by another once you start meeting them!! Set up a non-food reward system. For me, i'm down to my final 20 lbs after losing 105 lbs. 5 lbs and I get flowers for myself, 10 lbs and I get a new Wii Fit game, 15 lbs and another Wii Fit game, and then when I reach 20 I get a night in a hotel suite!!!! You'll be surprised how fast the pounds start melting off when you first get started!! Like you, I never ate veggies! But making small adjustment and taking my journey slowly, I started to work things like fruits & veggies in to my daily diet & love them!!!

Best of luck!! You're in the right place! :smile: