6 days no weight loss

Options
Hi guys, I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I started off 3 weeks ago doing really well and lost 7 lbs in two weeks. But, for the last 6 days I've not lost a pound. I'm eating under my target, exercising every day so not sure why ? Any suggestions. My diary is open if anyone wants to see it

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Give it time.

Log accurately.

Over a week I have gained, most likely just water weight, since the fillowing week I lose and normally averages out over time.
  • sars388
    sars388 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nothing I've lost 1lb over 2 weeks.just keep plugging away at it.. Good luck.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That was me two weeks ago.
    I am now looking at how I log my food and drinks.
    For the first few weeks I didn't log my coffee. I didn't check to see if what I scan was what I was eating.
    Hopeful next week will be better.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    All you're doing wrong is being a bit impatient. 6 days is nothing. Weight loss isn't linear - some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. You have to keep going and judge your progress by the trend over several weeks.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All you're doing wrong is being a bit impatient. 6 days is nothing. Weight loss isn't linear - some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. You have to keep going and judge your progress by the trend over several weeks.

+1. Even if you're doing everything 100% right, your body won't deduct X amount of grams every night. I find I alternate between small and large losses, gains of water weight etc. Just watch the downward trend.
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3weeks here. Haven't lost .1lbs even. But I am patient.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Um. My advice is to chill and continue logging. I started my deficit again on Monday and I don't even expect to see any change for at least 3 weeks.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I stalled with 1 pound jumps up and down (but not below my "starting" weight) for 10 weeks.

Get enough sleep.
    Drink enough water.
    Eat enough fiber.
    Eat enough fat.
    Minimize your stress.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Weighy loss isn't linear. You need to look at overall trends ( but since you've only been at it a few weeks you won't have much data to compare )
    You will not always lose the exact number of pounds that mfp says you will each week.

Be patient and in time, look at month to month weight loss trends to make sure your on the right track.
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am just plugging along. I have stopped adding in exercise calories though. They were only 1-300 hundred anyhow. Don't judge, lol. I measure and weigh and log everything, drink a gallon of water daily, eat healthier.I know it will happen eventually.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you need to be patient. As a girl especially, there are time during the month that you won't lose and/or gain. As you get to know your body's fluctuations, you can start to learn what to expect.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Six whole days?!?!?!?!?

l9dqysqclhn7.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Patience. Time to put on your patience pants and just keep doing what you're doing.
  • sophilyplum
    sophilyplum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Perhaps introduce more protein in your diet? Also 6 days is nothing.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I started off 3 weeks ago doing really well and lost 7 lbs in two weeks. But, for the last 6 days I've not lost a pound. I'm eating under my target, exercising every day so not sure why ? Any suggestions. My diary is open if anyone wants to see it

Big losses the first few weeks is not at all unusual. Sadly, much of it is water and not adipose (fatty tissue). Things often slow down after that initial surge. Depending on how much you have to lose can really impact the rate because the closer to your ideal weight that you are, the harder it is to create large daily calorie deficits. Further, weight is going to go up and down over the course of a long term weight loss program. Simply put, it ain't linear. Why? A whole lot of reasons...water retention can be caused by lots of things like hormones and saline. Dehydration. Inconsistent weigh in times/conditions. Create a deficit by weighing/measuring your food and logging daily. Be patient. Wash, rinse, repeat. It is a journey, not a sprint.
  • dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love that squirrel/groundhog (?)! Thanks for posting the initial post and for all the feedback. I have completed a week and lost 2 pounds...yeah me! It is good to be reminded to be patient though! I am digging this site, not only to help keep track of everything but also for the community aspect!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it takes more than 6 days. Just keep doing what you're doing, it will come.
  • rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go by inches lost, not pounds. It's more accurate.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    oohhh!! This just happened to me last week and for the first time in my life I didn't freak out, and I'm so glad I didn't and just kept on doing what I do :)

For about a week, the scale trended upwards by 0.3 - 0.4kg per day, then flattened out at the top where there my weight stayed the same for 2 days, but then over the last 2 days my weight has come off fast again.

If I was a weekly weigher - it would have looked like there was no change in the week. 107.3kg 7 days ago, and exactly 107.3kg a week later. Actually, a lot happened in that week. And today I am at 106.9kg (8th day)....in the last 14 days overall I have lost 2kg - so exactly on track even with this upward trend.

Don't let the upward spike over a few days derail you - its actually a normal part of the overall process. I have learnt that weight loss is not linear, and am loving weighing daily and watching the line squiggle all over the place on my weight loss graph. I am seeing the overall trend over the months - downwards!

As others have said, weight your food. Log as accurately as possible. Be patient. :)