Finally accepting that i have to make some changes to become who i want to be.....

Options
Hi my name is Fadzai. I'm a 36 year old mother of two beautiful girls. I am probably at my heaviest weight 206lbs and denial more than anything else has landed me here. I'm 5'4" with a BMI over 30+. I gained almost 30lbs in the last year alone. I feel as if i just woke up one day and was no longer a size 6/8 but now a 16...i think. I stopped measuring myself when i got to size 16...i'm ashamed of letting myself go. I work part time and am also a full time student in nursing school. The hectic life had me eating more of convenience foods and the end result is my added weight. I was referred to myfitnesspal by a friend and i have been using this app now for about 4 weeks. I am aiming for a healthy weight of 150lbs. I need all the support i can get. I enjoy the motivational success stories because they are very encouraging and uplifting and make me feel like getting up and going for a run after reading them. It is a struggle to change any habit and unhealthy foods can be addictive so i practice mindful choices with any foods i now eat. Myfitnesspal is amazing as it keeps me reflecting and improving my nutrition. Please add me to your friends list and help me walk my journey. Fifi.

Replies

• cindyvalle12
    cindyvalle12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm writing to u because I completely understand u. I'm in the exact same boat two kids.I'm 5'3 and I weight 190..it's very frustrating to me not to loose.I want to reach 150 too. I'm hoping this app will help me..
  • RitaG1007
    RitaG1007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Another one with a goal of 150. Two kids and currently at a weight of 182, 5'5". What I'm mostly discouraged by are my thunder thighs! I wish you both lots of luck! Only we can make the changes we need to better our health.
  • tanyaricks377
    tanyaricks377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm 5'2 and 182lbs. I want to lose about 45-50 lbs. I'm an Army Vet, and use to be 125lbs and in shape but poor diet and laziness have take a toll on me. I'm 38 and am dedicated to being fit before my 40th birthday.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,541 Member
    Options
    As a note: accepting it is the first step. There's desire and and want, but COMMITTING to getting it done is what you have to do if you want it done.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png