Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks for sharing.
  • RyanTahiti
    RyanTahiti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gale. Hope it can help someone out there!
  • elarian
    elarian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As someone in week one, thanks for the heads up on week two!
  • RyanTahiti
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Stay strong, elarian! Incidentally, a recent HealthCare Triage video talks about why it's easier to diet at first until your metabolism starts reacting to it. I think that's the "week two" phenomenon for me. See at 2:51:
    https://youtu.be/fCtn4Ap8kDM?t=2m51s
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    best wishes! this was a good read :) I'm on day 67 and I can agree with a lot of what you said!
  • morphedmai
    morphedmai Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks and all the best. 500 streak!! Awesome!
  • cpower4604
    cpower4604 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Thank you for sharing your inspirational journey!
  • daliad30
    daliad30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck. You are my inspiration.
  • mahya_03
    mahya_03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for 2 years and have yet to make it to a 100 day streak, you sir are a champ! Good luck to ya!!
  • mevoy
    mevoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Can you talk more about the "sustainability" part?
  • RyanTahiti
    Options
    mevoy, Sustainability essentially means choosing the diet (and exercise, if applicable) that you'll stick with the longest - as opposed to an extreme regimen that will only last a week. There are unlimited options out there, and they all work differently for different folks. If you can find one that doesn't burn you out quickly, you'll stick with it longer and be healthier in the long run. And we're all in this for the long run, right? :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Correct
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love your words!!! You are a true inspiration, you should stick around a little while longer!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wise words. I look forward to taking the training wheels off one day. I've been logging for over 500 days and lost half of what I would like to lose.

You covered it all really.

Something I've learned is that exercise is the key for me. I try to exercise about 3,500 Calories per week, and make the exercise easy to do. I have a bicycle and a bike trainer, dogs that need walking, and a love of rowing on the water. Somehow, if I exercise I tend to choose more nutritious food.
  • RyanTahiti
    Options
    ADDENDUM (forgot to include this one)

14. 98% obedience is 99% harder than 100% obedience.
  • RyanTahiti
    Options
    HelenWater wrote: »
    Wise words. I look forward to taking the training wheels off one day. I've been logging for over 500 days and lost half of what I would like to lose.

Something I've learned is that exercise is the key for me. I try to exercise about 3,500 Calories per week, and make the exercise easy to do. I have a bicycle and a bike trainer, dogs that need walking, and a love of rowing on the water. Somehow, if I exercise I tend to choose more nutritious food.

Helen, I wish I had some water nearby to row in - sounds like you've got a great cardio spot!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    RyanTahiti wrote: »
    HelenWater wrote: »

Helen, I wish I had some water nearby to row in - sounds like you've got a great cardio spot!

The places I row are about 40 km / 25 miles away, but the traffic is light early in the morning so it's quite a relaxed drive.

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can add is please don't leave!

Maybe check in once in a while, just to say how the maintenance is going.
  • SynflowerMom
    SynflowerMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm in week 1 so thanks for the tips.
  • HeatherHS
    HeatherHS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Inspirational ... Good luck to you and well done. I'm at the opposite side, Week 1 - so here goes ...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!