Clothes to Women's Shelter

Options
I'm finally letting go of my large clothes. I'm bringing 15 bags of clothes that I've shrunk out of to the women's shelter today. I am letting them go as I will NEVER be back to that size again. The clothes range from size 10 to size 18. I am now a size 6. :smile:

Replies

• neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm finally letting go of my large clothes. I'm bringing 15 bags of clothes that I've shrunk out of to the women's shelter today. I am letting them go as I will NEVER be back to that size again. The clothes range from size 10 to size 18. I am now a size 6. :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Size 6! Way to go! I think you need to change your username now to "I am skinny":smile:
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    WOW!!! That is the best thing I've heard all DAY! Ultimate congratulations to you! There is a free clothing give-away at our church once a month, I can't wait to donate MY clothes! Very Inspiring!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations, that's a huge accomplishment. You're an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Options

I miss my size six :sad:
  • neverbeenskinny
    Options
    Thanks guys. I held onto my "BIG" clothes for way too long. It's very liberating to finally let them go.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This is something I've made a policy of. I truly believe that holding onto those things is holding on to BAD energy.

You are never going back there! I rejoice with you, as I know exactly how that liberation feels like.

:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    This is something I've made a policy of. I truly believe that holding onto those things is holding on to BAD energy.

You are never going back there! I rejoice with you, as I know exactly how that liberation feels like.

:flowerforyou:

size 6! great job!:flowerforyou:

I think that I was born a size 6 :blushing:
  • sapphire03
    sapphire03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!!!! I get rid of my clothes as I shrink out of them. This way I know I can't gain weight back because I would literally have nothing to wear. WAY TO GO:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ms. "I-think-you-could-safely-say-you're-skinny-now" !!

I did that this weekend, too! And bought some new clothes to replace that big (no pun) space in my closet.

~Cheryl
  • stephaniek
    Options
    Wow! That is great encouragement for someone starting out. Congratulations and doesn't it feel great to give to someone else! :flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    Options
    Wow! That is great encouragement for someone starting out. Congratulations and doesn't it feel great to give to someone else! :flowerforyou:

Yes, it was great to bring the clothes to the battered women shelter. Most of these women leave their home in the middle of the night with nothing but their children and the clothes on their back. I would encourage anyone giving away their old clothes to bring them to your local shelter. I was talking to the manger of the shelter today and she says that they can use all kinds of household items too...bedding, dishes, pots & pans, hats, coats, and anything else that will help these women set up a new home, even toys for their children.

Oh!!! And I brought them my ex-husband's video game too:laugh: