Really hungry...188 cals??

Options
I'm so hungry right now cos I ate really crappy today and used up my cals really fast. I have 188 cals before I reach my daily goal...anybody got any ideas of something that'll fill me up but it's too calorie rich? Thanks :)

Replies

• leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    protein bar?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites ham and swiss cheese..... yum... or any kind of omelet with some veggies
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I suggest going over just a smidge with a salad (100 grams of lettuce is really alot and only 11 calories). Try to ditch the dressing and make it tasty with veggies and maybe some banana pepper rings. Then add in something else low cal like steamed veggies, egg whites (a sizeable amount with salsa can add up to about 50 calories), or even some tofu.

Hope that helps.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    a piece of toast with peanut butter? Greek yogurt with honey?
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ditto on the salad comment- just make sure it's got protein and stick to all veggies, no fattening calorie filled things like dressing (maybe have a low fat vinegrette or something) or croutons. I like adding a packet of tuna to my salad- tasty and low cal with lots of protein.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Soup
  • SillyBeans
    SillyBeans Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Stick to anything protein. All of the above are right try egg whites, lean meat, greek yogurt or a protein bar or protein shake.

For the bars and shakes just make sure they are the right kind, bar should have at least 17gr protein and shakes should have 25gr or more of protein.

Remember, tomorrow is a new day, don't take today with ya, its gone and done!

You can do it, just get back on track!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'd go with eggs and salsa personally :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Do you have a store that sells Tofu Shiritake Noodles? You can make a HUGE stiry fry with the noodles, loads of veggies and some shrimp and be stuffed!
  • pkizzle7
    pkizzle7 Posts: 26
    Options
    Squeeze in a little exercise, you will be able to eat enough to satisfy your hunger if you stay within reason!!!!
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    take a brisk 20 minute walk outside before or after! then you'll be able to eat something substantial to really fill you up!
  • smilingmakesyouhappy
    Options
    Exercise & you'll get more calories to eat!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I go high fibre...something like a small bowl of All Bran flakes (3/4 cup) and low fat milk will hold you for a bit.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Stir fry a bunch of veggies, toss in a few prawns and half a cup of cooked brown rice.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your calorie goal puts you at a deficit... so, depending on what your weekly weight loss goal is set to, say 1lb per week, that's a 500 calorie per day deficit. So, even if you exceed your daily goal by a couple hundred calories, you will still be eating at a deficit for the day.
  • BecomingMyself
    Options
    Steamed veggies, 4 ozs of wild caught salmon and tea. If you're still hungry, try going to bed early. When I have a bad eating day and come dinner time I'm starving but only have a few calories left, I eat something really light and go to bed. Because I know the longer I'm up, the greater the chance of me binging on something unhealthy.
  • SillyBeans
    SillyBeans Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Really good advice everyone, thanks. I went with the egg white omelette and tonnes of veggies. Yum :) I plan on some exercise soon so that should be ok :)