Question for ladies...

Options
Hey girls, I am trying to find a good sports bra that doesn't cost a ton. The ones I keep getting are ridiculous. They don't really keep stuff from moving cuz they are too cheapo and stretchy OR are so snug that I feel like I will suffocate! I'd love to be able to move a bunch without the fear of knocking myself out! LOL
Any ideas of good stores and brands that won't break the bank????

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Marshall's & TJ Maxx. I have found some nice ones there by Champion. Full coverage. Some with underwire and some without. Normally cost $35 to $45 @ sports stores....$12.99 at those two stores.
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    It depends on your bra size. Women with smaller breasts will generally have an easier time making due with the selections available at any department, lingerie, or sports store. I find that shopping online is the better option though, since there is pretty much an infinite selection of stuff, you can read reviews, and you can look for discounted prices.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Hey girls, I am trying to find a good sports bra that doesn't cost a ton. The ones I keep getting are ridiculous. They don't really keep stuff from moving cuz they are too cheapo and stretchy OR are so snug that I feel like I will suffocate! I'd love to be able to move a bunch without the fear of knocking myself out! LOL
    Any ideas of good stores and brands that won't break the bank????

Victoria's Secret has a new workout line and I LOVE their new compression bras. Not the pretty ones, just the straight size specific one. I think it was around $40, but worth every cent! I have never been comfortable running [double D's] until now!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am on the bigger side, so I actually wear 2 of them along with my regular bra when I go running. It is the only way that keeps me from bouncing all over the place or knocking myself out. They were cheap from Walmart, but since I use 2, they do the trick.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I got a few at lane bryant and walmart i still have to double it up. LOL. i wear two sports bras so im gonna check that link for the champion.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the link to the sale!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't find a sports bra that I can fit in, so I use a regular bra and wear one of those "tummy control" spandex tanks. -Keeps me from running like a T-Rex. (Forearms pressed against chest with hands facing out.)
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I used to have to double up - no more!! They didn't have a double D in stock - so I went with a D and it still works great. If you have a large chest it is probably best to go with a compression sports bra - keeps them locked down from the top/bottom/both sides. I can now run with making a scene.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am on the bigger side, so I actually wear 2 of them along with my regular bra when I go running. It is the only way that keeps me from bouncing all over the place or knocking myself out. They were cheap from Walmart, but since I use 2, they do the trick.

I wear two as well. One just doesn't cut it no matter what bra I buy!!!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The only sports bra i've ever relied on is the shock absorber brand. You can get them in sports shops or department shops for around £16-17.

I have mine from years ago and the elasticity has kept well. They have a racer back and give you real support (I do have a big bust and my mind is on my workout not whether i'm going to get black eyes).

I have tried cheaper ones with the traditional two straps but they've never been as good and i've had to wear two at once, but I'd swear by the shock absorber ones.

:)
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    champion!!!!!!! i got all of mine at target......
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    www.enell.com and movingcomfort.com
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a Nordstrom Rack near you...but I love some of the brands they carry. I recently bought a Wacoal for $35 and it holds everything in I'm - I'm not a runner but I use it for hiking, Zumba (lots of jumping around) and the elipical and I'm a D cup. I also second the suggestion for online shopping - check out bras at all price ranges in person find the one you like and then shop around online for the best price.

Curious to hear what you end up with.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't find a sports bra that I can fit in, so I use a regular bra and wear one of those "tummy control" spandex tanks. -Keeps me from running like a T-Rex. (Forearms pressed against chest with hands facing out.)

That's EXACTLY what I look like! LOL I never thought of it like T-Rex before!!! Sooo funny and sadly true :laugh:

Desirai- Thanks for the info and link. I will look into it for sure!

I never thought to double up on them. That's clever. I still think I need to buy some better ones though. Thanks for all the input ladies!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I would love to find some that don't make me look like a cyclops!!!!! They are always colliding in the middle LOL
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with bras from Title Nine online. One, I'm kind of hefty and two, the ones I've bought don't smoosh me up. But they are kind of spendy. When it comes to sports bras, I believe you get what you pay for.
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Under Armour makes great sports bras :)
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I also think champion is very reasonable. I have one bra by them, and it is actually overkill - way too supportive for a flat-chested girl like myself. :D
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Go to a Sports Authority and check the clearance racks...they usually have a whole bunch for about $12.