I need motivation

Options
I feel like I been trying to lose weight for forever ....I came from being an athletic soccer player where I was constantly Running. I've gained over 80lbs. I'm fighting hard to lose it it just feels like no matter how hard I try I don't lose

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Put your stats in MFP, go for a weight loss of 1-1.5 lb, eat the number of calories recommend.

Buy a food scale, weight and measure everything to make sure you are eating the correct number of calories.

If you add some exercise to your day, eat back 50-75% of them.

Lower your calories over a good couple of weeks so you don't feel food deprived.

It is a simple method that works well if you commit to it.

Cheers, h.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. It's that simple.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    motivation: try changing one small habit at a time, until you have that habit down. like, drink more water until you are drinking nothing but water. add one vegetable or one serving of non-starchy vegetable to each meal until it becomes habit. fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables until it becomes a habit.

form tiny habits until they add up. that can take motivation out of it. it just becomes a series of habits that you perform over and over. weighing food, taking a walk that starts at 5 minutes and ends up being 30 eventually, drinking nothing but water and no-calorie beverages, eating more veggies, eating more fruit, or learn to cook (if this is an issue since i know some people don't know how to cook). this might help if nothing else does.

feel free to add me.
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to say I was trying to lose weight forever too. Then I realized that it was half-hearted efforts at best. No offense meant here, but nothing worked until I got serious about counting calories, tracking everything, and following the advice on the forums here.
  • Bonebag7136
    Bonebag7136 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more. Drink 3-4 cups of green tea every day to help burn extra calories (you can burn an extra 80-100 cals. w/o even trying) and eat a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables. Amp up your fiber intake and eat less meat. Get your protein from plant-based and vegetarian sources, such as from nuts, legumes, fat free dairy products, eggs, and tofu. Hope this helps! :smile: